Let's talk civil unrest/war weapons.

Always a fun exercise.

For size reference, I am 6'1".
ayoVPvv.jpg

I've also had it mounted on a shorter hickory handle, and had some throwinf fun!!

SWEET GOODNESS !! YOU THROW A 6FT AXE ?!

You guys do realize there are billions of bullets and millions of guns out there

There will always be someone somewhere with both

Sure , but after 6 months supplies will dwindle and there ofcourse will still be those warlords who take control of local klans with firearms for a while . But the common man will have burned through his 3k rounds trying to stay alive. Most folks dont have more than 3-5k rounds . Ofcourse Im sure many here would but a blade forum is synonymous with firearms so you have an esoteric crowd here that would have more than the average apartment or even 1200sqft house dwelling proletariat living check to check .

Sure , but after 6 months supplies will dwindle and there of course will still be those warlords who take control of local klans with firearms for a while . But the common man will have burned through his 3k rounds trying to stay alive. ...

The average man should consider himself lucky if he to gets to fire off a single magazine before he is put down.

n2s

SWEET GOODNESS !! YOU THROW A 6FT AXE ?!

In that configuration it is thrown like a spear.

I've also had that head mounted on two different hickory pic axe handles. And thrown it with rotation. Both are fun!!

Though it is heavy enough that the hickory handles tend not to last as long.

I really don't think ammo would run out... (maybe perhaps locally) but there are too many preppers who already have the setup to make ammo

it's not difficult once you have the press & ability to make basic rounds, the materials can be pretty easy to stockpile (unlike $2/round store ammo, raw gunpowder is dirt cheap)

it's not difficult once you have the press & ability to make basic rounds, the materials can be pretty easy to stockpile (unlike $2/round store ammo, raw gunpowder is dirt cheap)

The black powder shooters I know laugh at the idea of running out out bullets.

Dumb question, why have rapid fire machine guns when you can use explosive devices eg some form of small missile like an RPG, mortar, light artillery etc??

For the life of me I can not understand the logic behind this rapid fire bullet mentality. What's the strategic purpose?

The black powder shooters I know laugh at the idea of running out out bullets.

Dunno, they might last longer but loading your own is still a very finite resource especially if you are in constant battles against an entire population of eg possibly hundreds or thousands of desperate starving people.

What makes you even think you will manufacture new ammo, fight, sleep, eat etc for more than a few weeks at best.

For the life of me I can not understand the logic behind this rapid fire bullet mentality. What's the strategic purpose?

Fear of collateral damage, price per round, weight per round, proven psychological effect of suppressive fire, limited risk to user, etc.
In private use it is only really useful for murder, but in a military situation I hear it has benefits.

I HAVE NEVER COMPARED THE TWO AS I HAVE NEITHER SERVED NOR MURDERED PEOPLE!

What makes you even think you will manufacture new ammo, fight, sleep, eat etc for more than a few weeks at best.

Oh no, I am probably dead in the first few weeks! I haven't even owned a firearm in a few years. In any real scenario I am gone quick and the blackpowder shooters I know have been gunned down by people with modern sights. I only meant that pressing your own ammo and making blackpowder rounds is relatively easy and cost effective.

Fear of collateral damage, price per round, weight per round, proven psychological effect of suppressive fire, limited risk to user, etc.
In private use it is only really useful for murder, but in a military situation I hear it has benefits.

I HAVE NEVER COMPARED THE TWO AS I HAVE NEITHER SERVED NOR MURDERED PEOPLE!

All those points are exactly applicable to things that go boom except price per round but at that rate of fire it's irrelevant.

Oh no, I am probably dead in the first few weeks! I haven't even owned a firearm in a few years. In any real scenario I am gone quick and the blackpowder shooters I know have been gunned down by people with modern sights. I only meant that pressing your own ammo and making blackpowder rounds is relatively easy and cost effective.

Only thing I'm stockpiling is weed and Cheetos and hope I'm gone before they are.

I will be out real quick, you guys can stay to squabble and fight over whatever decayimg scraps are left to fight over.

Back