Lets talk GEC!

I enjoy the small knives. 06, 22, 18, etc

I look forward to this one

I agree with you, and though most of the time I reach for a 3 1/2" - 3 7/8" knife, sub 3" knives can do almost everything I need in day to day. (except maybe processing apples conveniently.)

Is that close enough to qualify as a "sunken joint"? I do like that feature of the Case Seahorse Whittler. I've often thought that as elegant as the Seahorse Whittler looks with 3 blades, that for most whittling I find myself only using the main blade. I'd wondered what that knife would look like if they got rid of the secondary blades, just had that main blade, and trimmed up that cool handle to fit the main blade.

I mean, the spear is so narrow it almost has no benefit beyond the coping blade. The coping blade obviously has some benefit for fitting in tight spaces, but really is that nice half moon wharnecliffe that's the star of the show.

I think ultimately the "Little Rattler" is something like what that would be.

Thought people might like to see the H10 and H40 side by side:
D6kef6O.jpg

NK3wOPB.jpg

ERt6HsU.jpg

QFP6itF.jpg

eONAsLP.jpg

ttSELWI.jpg

I sent out the knife to J jsdistin when I had no power in the morning in summer, and she returns to me in the afternoon in fall completely transformed. Beautiful job, Jeff! Lignum Vitae covers.
zVjVDx4.jpg

Inspired me to chime in with my 15 rehab from J jsdistin as well :cool: Rat-Tail and Himalayan Ram's Horn. Great work:thumbsup:

aUWRG1s.jpg
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. Before and after is cool, I almost always forget to do before pictures

From the top, left to right, all 440C #53 Cubans (followed by a few other stainless knives):
Elk Stag, Burnt Stag, Red Stag, Stained Green Tea Bone, 2nd Cut Burnt Stag, Red Wine Bone, Chocolate Bone.
hT2obTT.jpg

That's like a dream I want to have. Super nice !!!!!

Envy is a sin that I am guilty of right now. That’s a beautiful knife.

thank you, my friend- I’m very proud of it. J jsdistin had the material selection and the skill. He actually suggested it because of my profession in engineering and lignum vitae’s known application as bearings for submarines. I just had a knife with sub-par GEC fit-n-finish/covers that I otherwise loved.

not to mention the Judeo-Christian overtones of the translation, “tree of life” , which I happen to also enjoy.

Folks around this forum are capable crafts-people. Next time you’re in a knife buying freeze due to lack of new interesting patterns, consider a rescaling!

mrknife mrknife Thank you! Not special as such (can't get Ren Wax here unfortunately :thumbsdown:) but I have applied Coconut Oil to it and many other knives. Some people started sneering at this ;) but the results speak otherwise I feel.

Regards, Will

mrknife mrknife Thank you! Not special as such (can't get Ren Wax here unfortunately :thumbsdown:) but I have applied Coconut Oil to it and many other knives. Some people started sneering at this ;) but the results speak otherwise I feel.

Regards, Will

neat! as much id love to carry a smooth bone option, i dont like how some examples ive seen turned out with all the wear.

Back