Lets talk GEC!

S spyderg
It would probably be easier and faster to send a preferred GEC knife to one of our excellent re-handle experts and have them recover it with your preferred material and a guitar shield.
That is an idea, but I think if I was going to that extent I’d likely just get a custom made up. For now I’ll keep my fingers crossed they do a run with it sometime in the not too distant future...

Looks like some were made in 2010 at least...

538210-BURNTSKY1.gif

54eggs.gif
Loving that 53. My dad had thick purple shag carpet in the house, would be amazing to see a purple acrylic guitar shield run of those!

Here is an odd ball, pretty sure GEC never did this before, at the end of the recent M&G run they made 12 knives with a single pen from leftover parts, only marking is OVC for Ohio Valley Cutlery, I'm thinking it would make an excellent whittling knife.

IMG_2720.jpeg IMG_2722.jpeg IMG_2724.jpeg

A little bunkhouse love.

if6OK3H.jpg
Nice to see some of your whittling even on a different substrate than wood, you could update the “whatcha whittling” thread with your latest carvings
;)
Here is an odd ball, pretty sure GEC never did this before, at the end of the recent M&G run they made 12 knives with a single pen from leftover parts, only marking is OVC for Ohio Valley Cutlery, I'm thinking it would make an excellent whittling knife.

View attachment 1448498 View attachment 1448499 View attachment 1448500

Yes it would make a great whittling knife,
Súper cool finding

Back