Lets talk GEC!

I really wanted one of the saw cut sepia bone TC Barlows, but if course I had no luck getting one. Hopefully they make more of these new cover versions.

So what’s the story on the SFO 15s? It’s one of Charlie’s I take it? I saw a notification pop up today and managed to get one. Any info on it would be appreciated. Thanks!

So what’s the story on the SFO 15s? It’s one of Charlie’s I take it? I saw a notification pop up today and managed to get one. Any info on it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are you talking about the TC Barlow? If so, it is one of GEC's most iconic SFOs. Arranged by Charlie over the years, the TC, in all of its variants, is one of the most sought after GEC patterns. It is contributed to what has made the Barlow popular these days.

This latest run's significance is that it might be Charlie's last SFO - I can't explain the other cover variants though as I don't believe those are Charlie's but more info is needed.

I can't explain the other cover variants though as I don't believe those are Charlie's but more info is needed.
According to Gunstock's email I just read, "a new factory model (TC Barlow) will be coming out in a few weeks."

He also said about his current stock of TC Barlows, "I have these listed at a price where flippers won't be able to make a lot of money so they are priced a bit high." I'll let you all make your own judgement there... I'm out!

He also said, "I have these (current TC Barlow) listed at a price where flippers won't be able to make a lot of money so they are priced a bit high." I'll let you all make your own judgement there... I'm out!

I've met Barry a few times and I consider him a friend so I won't bash him on here. However, listing those for 100 over what I paid for mine doesn't sit too easy with me. It's the unfortunate nature of the beast right now and it certainly is discouraging. I'm still hoping that GEC will get back to pre-Covid production numbers but it remains to be seen.

I've met Barry a few times and I consider him a friend so I won't bash him on here. However, listing those for 100 over what I paid for mine doesn't sit too easy with me. It's the unfortunate nature of the beast right now and it certainly is discouraging. I'm still hoping that GEC will get back to pre-Covid production numbers but it remains to be seen.
“To stop other people price, gouging - I will!”

At the end of the day that price is less risk it would cost me on the secondary mkt by a good margin so it’s ok.

Last edited:
View attachment 1491007 View attachment 1491005

There are a few GEC dealers who are beginning to profiteer. Gunstock Jack is the most outrageous. He also has an eBay alias where he sells part of his allotment.

I would like to see GEC end this practice by enforcing limitations on dealer prices. It is driving away some customers. Maybe not enough to cause them concern at this point, but why would they ever want to see their dealers taking advantage of their customers?

Perhaps one day, supply will begin to approach demand. Hopefully the dealers who resisted the temptation to gouge us will be rewarded by a strong and loyal customer base.

Last edited:
I received the Barry's email at 4:07 and saw it at 4:09. Saw the price and was out, but clicked "add to cart" just to see. They were already sold out. Two minutes. So apparently not over priced.

Last edited:
So are the gold and Osage versions going to be a normal run at most of the normal dealers, or a way north exclusive again?

Does anyone know why the Waynorth sawcut has the Tidioute tang stamp and not the Waynorth tang stamp?

Back