Lets talk GEC!

I'm just going to sharpen these two twice a year and sit back and watch the show.

yFGg5Xl.jpg

View attachment 1491007 View attachment 1491005

There are a few GEC dealers who are beginning to profiteer. Gunstock Jack is the most outrageous. He also has an eBay alias where he sells part of his allotment.

I would like to see GEC end this practice by enforcing limitations on dealer prices. It is driving away some customers. Maybe not enough to cause them concern at this point, but why would they ever want to see their dealers taking advantage of their customers?

Perhaps one day, supply will begin to approach demand. Hopefully the dealers who resisted the temptation to gouge us will be rewarded by a strong and loyal customer base.
Looks like the law of the jungle has been voted...:mad:o_O

I contacted some dealers about possibly getting on a list for an Osage TC, but all are spoken for already.
Going back to sitting on the fence... Have fun guys/gals.
I was in for an Osage, but if they're all already reserved....never mind.
I just heard about the possibility of these today. How can they all be reserved already?! :confused:
I'm glad I already have more knives than I, or any rational person, could ever need ;) :thumbsup::thumbsup::p

View attachment 1491007 View attachment 1491005

There are a few GEC dealers who are beginning to profiteer. Gunstock Jack is the most outrageous. He also has an eBay alias where he sells part of his allotment.

I would like to see GEC end this practice by enforcing limitations on dealer prices. It is driving away some customers. Maybe not enough to cause them concern at this point, but why would they ever want to see their dealers taking advantage of their customers?

Perhaps one day, supply will begin to approach demand. Hopefully the dealers who resisted the temptation to gouge us will be rewarded by a strong and loyal customer base.
These shifty business practices are making me nervous, I normally don’t stray from my usual dealer but went with this guy since that’s where they were available. I won’t too much about my experience here, but I’m worried about getting my knife or at least my money back.

2021 is crazy right out of the gate.

Does anyone know what’s going on with the dark stain on the osage wood?

My guess is that after they sand them down to the proper shape, the lighter wood color will come through, but grains of the wood will show up darker? At least that's what I'm hoping.

Im on the list for a glitter gold. Its so outrageous that I couldn't pass it up. Looking forward to checking that one out. Kind of feel dumb for not getting the osage... but the gold will be wild!

How are you already on a list?

Save me a spot, I’ll be joining you shortly :rolleyes:
Hopefully Case will have some interesting offerings for us this year, maybe bring some long overdue pattern out of the vault :thumbsup:

I contacted some dealers about possibly getting on a list for an Osage TC, but all are spoken for already.

Room for three? I don't want to complain and I'm glad that demand for GEC's knives is through the roof for their (and their employees') sake, but this really is starting to lose its luster for me. Not sure why every run has to be a small run.

Does anyone know why the Waynorth sawcut has the Tidioute tang stamp and not the Waynorth tang stamp?

Somewhat speculative on my part but I believe it has to do with the fact that TC (the bolster stamp) stands for Tidioute Cutlery - not Tom's Choice as seems to be a popular belief. It would be odd to have a Waynorth Cutlery tang stamp on a knife that is otherwise branded as Tidioute Cutlery via the bolster stamp.

Sorry, John. I know it's frustrating. I often feel that those of us here who aren't plugged in everywhere are late to the party when it comes to new information - so many end up missing out. That said though, I wouldn't trade my relative piece of mind for a hundred connections - even if it meant increased chances of acquisition. I don't need the added stress.

IjcrfTs.jpg

Ye
I wish all dealers had reservation systems like Mike, or they just listed the knives. Not a fan of the email method, as people in the know get their reservations in before the rest of us find out.

Yeah, it’s nice for the people who have an “in”, but it creates a pretty big barrier to entry with these short runs.

Back