Lets talk GEC!

I was a little disappointed at first that it was not going to be Micarta, really like them as users, but I’ve definitely warmed up to the Bocote. Really hoping to get a stag. I have gotten knives when on standby before, so there is still hope.🤞
Those were my thoughts exactly! After doing a little research on Bocote I really ended up liking how it looks and it’s not a material that gets used often so I think it will be special. I hope you get a stag on standby or at least score one from one of the more reasonable dealers! I think these 83 lockbacks will be perfect sized knives to one day gift to my nephews and hopefully one of my own kids one day. I have a #15 boys knife in cocobolo stored for that same purpose but these #83 lockbacks at roughly the same size as the #15 just add a little more security to put it in a youngins hands

Did all the #89's get produced and release I have seen the Acrylic and Glow version but I recall a wood version listed that I haven't seen anything on yet.
I haven’t seen the wood versions released at any dealers yet myself. I know the glow version is being released now

Red linen 71s must be done. New pic on the GEC home page. They look nice!
They do look really nice, I wasn’t really that interested when they were first announced. Didn’t even try for the early reserve, now I have to admit, if I get an opportunity to pick one up, I’ll take it.👍

I've always been a fan of the sodbuster pattern. I think my second traditional was a case sodbuster so I can't wait to get the GEC 71 in hand to compare the two. I'm sure the quality of the 71 will blow away the case version.

Timing wise, when GEC posts a new cover photo on the site does that typically mean the knife has been shipped to dealers?

I've always been a fan of the sodbuster pattern. I think my second traditional was a case sodbuster so I can't wait to get the GEC 71 in hand to compare the two. I'm sure the quality of the 71 will blow away the case version.

Timing wise, when GEC posts a new cover photo on the site does that typically mean the knife has been shipped to dealers?

Usually shipping very shortly. Sometimes they will even say “shipping to dealers this week” on the cover photo.

Did all the #89's get produced and release I have seen the Acrylic and Glow version but I recall a wood version listed that I haven't seen anything on yet.
I got a pre-alert email yesterday for stabilized antique chestnut wood. But not from a supporting dealer so that's all I can say.

If I knew I couldn't, wouldn't say. Probably a production schedule. Maybe. Maybe not. Gosh this is fun.

I've seen a couple of the chestnut #89 for sale. Listed as "antique" chestnut. Does anyone know if the wood is just old stock, or has GEC re-purposed it from something. Strange question, but I like knowing details. Seems GEC uses some pretty cool materials.

I've seen a couple of the chestnut #89 for sale. Listed as "antique" chestnut. Does anyone know if the wood is just old stock, or has GEC re-purposed it from something. Strange question, but I like knowing details. Seems GEC uses some pretty cool materials.

American chestnet has been functionally extinct since the early 1900s, all the chestnut wood we get today is pulled from some source that would be considered antique.

Back