Lets talk GEC!

Sad that we now have to contact a dealer, get put on a potential list, for knives that are months out and we don't know anything about (blades, handles, shields, price, etc.). :mad:
Agreed. We know (based on the mock-up that was posted here) this one has two blades and is jigged bone. Just trying to help the BF community before flippers get word. Reserve lists are much easier than waiting for drops.

Found this on IG
NgmjKzF.jpg
Do you mind sharing who posted it on there? I have an instagram to mainly look at motorcycle, and knife stuff but hadn't seen that posted anywhere.

Sad that we now have to contact a dealer, get put on a potential list, for knives that are months out and we don't know anything about (blades, handles, shields, price, etc.). :mad:
It is what it is...

The mockup pretty much says it all:
2 blades- Drop point and spey, Barehead Jigged Bone handles, Bullet shield, around $110 (from the non-gouging dealers)

I do hear you on the other models though.

If you can get one for that price it represents a very credible carry and user. Iconic knife and IF the pictures are to be believed, spot on for aesthetics, it will be an imposing knife.

I don't like same end 2 large blade Jacks myself but if they get some single blade 73s out then that's my style.

Can someone explain why there seems to be so many Remington themed knives from GEC?

Remington is not really the best gun manufacturer these days, so I do not get the appeal.

I have no idea but when I think Remington I still think back to the classic BDL or 788 in a wood stock bolt action. Kind've a nostalgic feel against the modern synthetic rifles and AR style guns. In that manner Remington fits on a traditional much more than most brands in my eyes.
Can someone explain why there seems to be so many Remington themed knives from GEC?

Remington is not really the best gun manufacturer these days, so I do not get the appeal.

I have no idea but when I think Remington I still think back to the classic BDL or 788 in a wood stock bolt action. Kind've a nostalgic feel against the modern synthetic rifles and AR style guns. In that manner Remington fits on a traditional much more than most brands in my eyes.

Nostalgia... kinda like carrying a slip joint.

To that point, why do we not see other classic gun manufacturers represented? Why not Colt themed GEC knives?

Well it’s nice to see some class being brought to the firearm branded knives. I have a buddy with the ugliest, lowest quality “Smith & Wesson” branded modern folder I’ve ever seen. the blade is probably 80% pot metal. Every time I see it want to smash it with a hammer.

It’s a gun company that hires a manufacturer to make branded paper weights that look like tactical modern folders.

it’s a shame- those kinds of knives all used to be traditional and made by reputable knife makers. I like to see GEC producing some of these.

Remington actually manufactured knives (1919 until 1940 or so; I'm not absolutely certain about the dates) Then they contracted with well respected cutlers like Camillus and Schrade to produce Remington-branded pocketknives. So there's some knife history and nostalgia that goes into it.

Its hard to see in the mock up…where is the glass beaker and seat belt cutter?
I didn’t see them or the serrated blade edge either! :rolleyes::p I would love to buy more GEC knives but I always seem to be late to the party. Good for them but not so good for me, well, I guess it does save me money.;)

Back