Lets talk GEC!

Definitely throw it in pocket and put it to use! That’s what it was made for.

Yes, put that thing in my (sorry) your pocket.
Yeah, it should go into rotation. I'll have to pair it with something like a #18 Coyote or #62 Whittler. I don't feel right unless I have a small straight scalpel edge in the mix.

Your knife, do as you wish. I used two pairs of needle nose pliers and was careful to pull each side of bail out in opposite directions simultaneously to avoid chipping of covers. Some folks have put a pin in hole, I mashed in walnut meat (a trick from my hunting days on how to treat a walnut rifle stock after getting a “ding” in it). Another photo from files…have to look closely for the former hole:View attachment 1646831

Wow! Thank you so much. I never would have thought to do that. Big help. Thank you!

Looks very nice.

xbf6kUu.jpg

I just bought a Bail & Chain Boy's Knife and was thinking about taking off the bail and chain. I am relatively new to GEC and am looking for any guidance about how best to do this without damaging the knife. Also open to hearing whether this is a good or bad idea. Would appreciate any advice

Many have successfully done as Markeologist has instructed. One thing to be aware of, though, is that removing the bail voids the warranty, if that’s something that would bother you.

The od micarta on this run looks great. Probably don’t have a shot on any of these barlows. Just enjoying the pics rolling in!!

Yeah the od micarta might be my favorite. I am a sucker for green micarta in general though. Not sure if I'll be able to get any of them on a drop, but hopefully I will manage to.

I've always loved the 98 pattern. Fingers crossed hoping they will run it again someday

The 98s were so great, I would love another run! 2 blade jacks, or a single spring pen!

Nice whittler! That was one of the few I wasn't able to score.

I don’t care for micarta on slippies, and green least of all, but that might be the best of the bunch.

It could just be me but, in my experience, GEC micarta has not been as durable as other covers. Is that your thinking as well or do you not care for the micarta aesthetics?

Back