Lets talk GEC!

Right? I bought and sold three of them trying to find one that had an acceptable action. :confused:
I think the action on these is perfect. Smooth and easy like a cam tang should be. Never once has mine fallen open or closed unexpectedly, the spring does the job as intended. Carrying it today as a matter of fact. Wonderful little knife.
7bz1uF0.jpeg

getting your hands on one would be a different story
Yes. At this point I've resigned myself to the fact that I will probably never be able to buy another GEC knife, unless a Porch Friend offers me one.
But I still love the brand and like to follow their releases. I still get excited when I see something cool come out, I'm a Knife Knut after all.

Last edited:
I think the action on these is perfect.
Everybody has different tolerances for what's acceptable to them.
I'm glad you like yours, you seem to be in good company. There are far more that like them than don't.

They have one designed. Just need Bill to pull the trigger. It is a guaranteed winner.
I will be waiting with baited breath haha
Yes. At this point I've resigned myself to the fact that I will probably never be able to buy another GEC knife, unless a Porch Friend offers me one. But I still love the brand and like to follow their releases. I still get excited when I see something cool come out, but the excitement soon fades as I realize I won't get one. But it's excitement none the less.
I have a feeling all that good karma you have stored up will get you any knife you desire. If they do a 35 cattle knife I will try my best to score one for both of us.

I've seen some stunning examples of elk handles on GECs, but I get your point.
Don't get me wrong, Elk makes for a fine handle material and there are some really nice examples out there. India Sambar is the densest, hardest, and offers the nicest figuring and coloring. It is the Bees Knees of stag. European Stag is nice too but mostly used on european made knives. We have generally overlooked it as we could get good Sambar. I think we will see more Elk come into play with the decline in Sambar availability. Elk is good so long as it is dense and not pithy, and sheds lay down over a cold winter to become seasoned.

Nobody has guessed mammoth ivory. Does GEC ever use it as a handle material? Besides Northwoods knives I mean.
Just imagine... #77 Barlow with covers in : Osage Wood, Elk Stag, Ebony and Ivory.... that's would be an awesome start for 2022!!

Still have no idea why an elephant is playing harmonica... elephant toe knife? harmonica? reed? The GEC Tango had a guitar shield... maybe a new version with a harmonica shield? with mammouth covers?
Maybe it's just means "There a elephant in the room" coming! hahahaha 🤔

What is the difference between a 45 frame and a 46 frame? If anybody has one of each, please post some comparison pictures. Thanks!

Just imagine... #77 Barlow with covers in : Osage Wood, Elk Stag, Ebony and Ivory.... that's would be an awesome start for 2022!!

Still have no idea why an elephant is playing harmonica... elephant toe knife? harmonica? reed? The GEC Tango had a guitar shield... maybe a new version with a harmonica shield? with mammouth covers?
Maybe it's just means "There a elephant in the room" coming! hahahaha 🤔
Lol. I was on another forum joking around about a harmonica shield. I really went to left of center. Stevie Wonder used to play a harmonica. I thought maybe black and white striped keyboard micarta on an elephant toe pattern. That's an awful lot going on with one knife though.

Back