Lets talk GEC!

Are they going to call the two-blade version the "Improved Weasel"? :)

It is actually the "Rabid Weasel".

Honestly, does anyone know how/why they came up with the name Weasel? I wonder if at GEC HQ, when they are picking a new name for a production pattern run, they all sit around and brainstorm crazy names, post them all on a wall... and then throw darts blindfolded at them until they hit one.

Maybe since it is a muskrat clip but muskrat name is already taken, they picked his closest cousin...

I can kind of see the resemblance... :D

Least-Weasel-Images.jpg
yPrIfM6l.jpg

I believe you have ferreted out the truth.

Oh, I can definitely see it now... thanks. Sorry, my mind is a bit clouded. When I hear the name Weasel, I have a Pavlovian response and picture my wife's ex-husband. :D

:D Someone else comes to my mind. The names are just marketing. Sometimes they get confused with pattern names... for example, someone posted an antique figural knife shaped like lady's leg and thought the pattern name was always called "French Kate". :D

It is actually the "Rabid Weasel".

Maybe since it is a muskrat clip but muskrat name is already taken, they picked his closest cousin...

Makes sense, Mike. It is good to see they have a little fun with these names on occasion. Of course, I'm waiting for the 77 "Honey Badger" Barlow... maybe with a "FU" engraved on the bolster and two matching wharnies... because Honey Badger don't care. Haha. :D

Just got confirmation that one of the 54 SFO will be single spear blade( might be news to me alone) Unfortunately I'm not a fan for the shield they use .

Just got confirmation that one of the 54 SFO will be single spear blade( might be news to me alone) Unfortunately I'm not a fan for the shield they use .

The Leaf? That's the shield they're using this time.

Too bad the bolsters are straight.. at least they are single line. I like the oak leaf on Snakewood.

Oak leaf also works for me on white bone. The appolusa bone is supposed to be underlying white with brown hues like the 25 GEC did in I think '09.

Back