Lets talk GEC!

Those Hemlock Bones remind me of Black Box Winchesters. I'm not planning to get one but it's very tempting.

I'm so glad that I preordered the Hemlock 66. They look better than I could have ever imagined, and should only get even more distinctive with some pocket time.

My bet is that we'll be seeing an equal end moose in the upcoming 35 run.

"Something's Coming" - Another clue, but I'm confused. But then again that's not to hard to do for me. Any idea's?

Isn't this about the same time last year they did the surprise stainless #74s and #15s? Maybe we'll see a stainless #66 or even more likely #35 moose with something like spalted birch scales. Not a huge moose fan, but I'd buy one of these hypotheticals.

Last edited:
Welcome to the jungle we got what you need. You can have anything you want but you better not take it from me :thumbsup::cool:
Guns N Roses was my favorite band back in the day. I saw them open for Iron Madein in 1986 on the Apatite for Destruction Tour. Crazy Times lol :rolleyes::D but on a more appropriate subject I was thinking a moose knife on the #35 as well but it seems kind of obvious so who knows lol o_O;)

Welcome to the jungle we got what you need. You can have anything you want but you better not take it from me :thumbsup::cool:
Guns N Roses was my favorite band back in the day. I saw them open for Iron Madein in 1986 on the Apatite for Destruction Tour. Crazy Times lol :rolleyes::D but on a more appropriate subject I was thinking a moose knife on the #35 as well but it seems kind of obvious so who knows lol o_O;)

But why the birch/aspen forest? That's what's messing with me. I guess that's in reference to the handle material, though.

Well, if they do a moose on the 35 frame, I hope it's a double spring with a liner, for a little more heft.

Heck, should just do a 2 blade jack and cattle knife while they're at it!

What constitutes a "Moose" pattern. I know it an equal end, but, do the blades make it a moose? It looks like most Moose... Meese... Moosses have a spear and a clip, is that the case?

What constitutes a "Moose" pattern. I know it an equal end, but, do the blades make it a moose? It looks like most Moose... Meese... Moosses have a spear and a clip, is that the case?

I'm no pro, but I think the general definition is two full sized blades that open on opposite ends. I don't believe it has to be an equal ender, in the sense of a cigar pattern, because I have a 66 moose.

A "moose" is a double-end jack with two full length blades on a stockman handle. The main blade is a clip and the second blade is either a spey or spear.

The term "moose" is widely misused with collectors and modern manufacturers, including GEC. The name is so misused that I'm not even sure if the original meaning is relevant anymore. Although there are separate terms for similar knives on cattle knife handles (instead of stock knife handles), they are often incorrectly described as "moose". For example, an equal-end (instead of a stock knife handle) would be a "bull-head". But GEC calls it a "moose".

A "moose" is a double-end jack with two full length blades on a stockman handle. The main blade is a clip and the second blade is either a spey or spear.

The term "moose" is widely misused with collectors and modern manufacturers, including GEC. The name is so misused that I'm not even sure if the original meaning is relevant anymore. Although there are separate terms for similar knives on cattle knife handles (instead of stock knife handles), they are often incorrectly described as "moose". For example, an equal-end (instead of a stock knife handle) would be a "bull-head". But GEC calls it a "moose".

Thank you for the clarification, one last question, if the pattern is called an "equal end" Moose does it imply that the knife runs on one spring?

Thank you for the clarification, one last question, if the pattern is called an "equal end" Moose does it imply that the knife runs on one spring?

The description "equal end Moose" is a mix up of bull-head and moose. Equal-end would be bull-head, not a moose.

"equal end" describes a handle shape with equal size ends. Basically a hot dog. Cattle knives are often equal-end (there are exceptions. There are "fancy" cattle knives using different handles like eureka instead of equal-end).

Both the Moose and Bull-head are traditionally 2-spring knives. A muskrat is often a single spring but modern knife manufacturers are also making them with 2-springs so you need to double check.

Back