Lets talk GEC!

big GEC fan

happy to ship them over to the UK on the basis of a photo

not yet had an issue with one and own a fair few

the 70's patterns are my go to knives

big fan of the #71,72, and 73

got a fixed blade on its way at the moment

would definatly bag a #74 if they ever bring out a single blade clip point

Woodrow, I hear you on the #81 frame stockman. Pretty much a dream knife for me in stag, brown bone or ebony with matchstriker pull. Be cool with a proper spey blade ground very thin and hard complete with the old timey "For Flesh Only" etch!

Woodrow, I hear you on the #81 frame stockman. Pretty much a dream knife for me in stag, brown bone or ebony with matchstriker pull. Be cool with a proper spey blade ground very thin and hard complete with the old timey "For Flesh Only" etch!

I love the idea!

...or one in red and green acrylic, with "For Gummibears Only" etched on the spey-blade

GummiBears . . . no, but now Sour Rips, that's another story altogether! And any GEC will work beautifully. :p

I am saving my pennies for the batch of 73 and 72 in production at the moment. Will be getting a few I hope!

Speaking of acrylic, here's something I learned over the week end (GEC Rendezvous) that I never would have guessed.

Look at these two knives:

621312-maverick-bl-corduroy1.jpg

and

IMG_8347_zps5930f173.jpg~original

IMG_8542_zpsf3fabd15.jpg~original

Their covers are made from the same acrylic.

Yes, really.

If the material used as "blue corduroy" on the Maverick is sliced the other way, ie, through the stripes, the result is the "faded blue denim" as seen on the Conductor Whittler, sparkles and all.

~ P.

That's kinda neat. I'm generally not a fan of Acrylic, but there are a few exceptions. I really like that blue in the conductor. The other is the Western Outlaw with the Guitar Shield. Don't know if I'll ever get around to buying one (too many knives too little dollars), but I do like it.

761213-wo-western-sunset.jpg

Well, it's official... my new favourite GEC is the #68 Pony Jack. My particular specimen is about as flawless as I can imagine: everything is smooth and flush, no gaps, gorgeously matched ebony covers that each have a subtle 'flame' of chocolate brown woodgrain (I wish I had a better camera that could capture the true beauty of the scales.) Simple and elegant, dressy or casual. As much as I like the other Great Eastern folders in my collection, the Pony Jack wins by a furlong! :D

pony02_zps8b46c1b4.jpg

-Brett

The PJs are a great pattern for sure. I specifically like them with the clip blade. It's just the right combo for that knife. For the White Owl, the spear seems to look right.

The PJs are a great pattern for sure. I specifically like them with the clip blade. It's just the right combo for that knife. For the White Owl, the spear seems to look right.

Agreed! The clip-point master with the long pull also makes it easy to get at behind that pen-blade.

-Brett

Id like to see GEC take their #81 pattern and make an improved muskrat / Hawbaker. Id just love it and would buy as many different handle options I could afford.

Well, it's official... my new favourite GEC is the #68 Pony Jack. My particular specimen is about as flawless as I can imagine: everything is smooth and flush, no gaps, gorgeously matched ebony covers that each have a subtle 'flame' of chocolate brown woodgrain (I wish I had a better camera that could capture the true beauty of the scales.) Simple and elegant, dressy or casual. As much as I like the other Great Eastern folders in my collection, the Pony Jack wins by a furlong! :D

pony02_zps8b46c1b4.jpg

-Brett

very nice looking knife. i was just looking at this knife on the gec website as possibly my first gec.

Back