Lets talk GEC!

I’m really excited about the Bull Busters. I’m afraid the Pemberton will just be too small for me. I’ve seen one compared to a #25, but does anyone have a comparison shot with the Pemberton and a #14?

LOL. I'm just the opposite. Whenever I see micarta in a run, especially the natural canvas, I feel like I have to buy one. But I've never been interested in any of the acrylics.
The variety in tastes is what makes this all so special...there is something for everyone :)

Couldn't get it to work on my phone, so by the time I got home to my big computer machine, I only managed to get standby for a smooth white bone Pemberton. I really don't need one, but it would look so nice with my small white bone collection. Fingers crossed! :)
eO2CSDb.jpg

Couldn't get it to work on my phone, so by the time I got home to my big computer machine, I only managed to get standby for a smooth white bone Pemberton. I really don't need one, but it would look so nice with my small white bone collection. Fingers crossed! :)
eO2CSDb.jpg

I'll bet you get one, though. It'd look real nice in that lineup. So would a smooth white bone 15.

I'll bet you get one, though. It'd look real nice in that lineup. So would a smooth white bone 15.
Probably so. :thumbsup: I really was planning to wait and save all my pennies for the #29 next year, but the option of a tiny two-bladed white-bone #06 to go with the little #22 magnum is a lot to resist.

I wonder what shield it will have (if any)

I, for one, am pretty excited for the possibility of another blue jigged bone. They don't make them that often.

Not that it's what I consider to be my favorite color of knife in general (reds), but the right shades of blue can be beautiful. Variety is nice too.
20181206_164112.jpg

I had a pemberton and did find it too small - along with a beautiful red bone 18 which I also tried very hard to like but couldn’t take to. At a certain size a knife starts to become non-functional and toy like. Everyone has a different personal view on where that line is

Agreed. For me, it's just over 3 inches. The GEC #25/26 knives, I've had a bunch of them, and haven't kept a single one. Yet I have several much slimmer pens in the 3⅛" length that I have kept and use.

Pretty cool that GEC is releasing one of the bigger patterns (97) followed by the smallest (06) :)

I went went with a 2-blade bone hoping for blue too. Will probably be too small but we'll see.

Back