Lets talk GEC!

The BUCK forum actually has a thread dedicated to getting their Vanguard chosen as the 2019 Traditional Forum Knife. Lots of new posters to this forum from over there.
Vote GEC.
Yes, I pointed that out earlier in the poll. Started by none other than one of my favorite GEC dealers.
But it's all good, they have the right to vote for what they want. We just need to rally the GEC troops... Go Vote GEC!!!

The forum knife thread has me wondering if the 86 is next after the 97s, or a little further down the road?

That saber ground sheepfoot on the GEC proposal knife looks sweet!

I would love to see saber ground clips on some of the regular run.

That sounds interesting. I didn't even know it was an option. The Bladeforums knife thread moves fast too quickly for me to keep up, or for the process to be a joy for me.

I’ll be honest, I’m a little put off that a lot of Buck guys that never post on the traditional sub forum are being sent over here to cast their vote. Obviously, there’s a lot of crossover because Bucks are very traditional, but it seems a little bit out-of-the spirit for a community chosen knife of this sub.

I’m now clearly off the fence and I’m sticking with my GEC vote over the vanguard.

It just blows my mind how some folks think that a hoe-hum Vanguard, a knife that's been produced in the hundreds of thousands and can be purchased at any reputable sporting goods store, with a fancy handle would be more special/neat/unique than a knife that literally will not be made of its not voted for this week. Its just 100% illogical.

It just blows my mind how some folks think that a hoe-hum Vanguard, a knife that's been produced in the hundreds of thousands and can be purchased at any reputable sporting goods store, with a fancy handle would be more special/neat/unique than a knife that literally will not be made of its not voted for this week. Its just 100% illogical.
EXACTLY THIS 100 TIMES (sorry for yelling) :p

To be fair, it is unlikely that a Vanguard would be produced in the future with the exact specifics that would be selected for our forum knife, but I do get the point being made. It is a readily available knife, albeit an attractive one in my mind, and there are plenty of variations out there that would certainly appeal to collectors. In fact, one retailer has one in 5160 and oak, I might even pick it up...

I digress somewhat, I am encouraged by GEC's willingness to offer us something that I would deem quite special. Though I certainly know better, I would hope that it would put to rest the sentiments being expressed that GEC lacks the interest or is simply nonchalant and unaccommodating when it comes to providing options for a special forum knife.

Better than some “me-too” knife made by GEC. :rolleyes:

Okay, I’m getting off the Buck sub now. :D

Even though I have asked that term to be explained, I've been met with crickets and I still have no idea what that means or why it was coined. Being critical of GEC is one thing and more than appropriate but demonstrating a very clear and almost malignant bias is quite another, especially without being willing to come to the table and explain why the firm has given cause for such ire.

Even though I have asked that term to be explained, I've been met with crickets and I still have no idea what that means or why it was coined. Being critical of GEC is one thing and more than appropriate but demonstrating a very clear and almost malignant bias is quite another, especially without being willing to come to the table and explain why the firm has given cause for such ire.
Ya, I don't get it either Dylan. :confused:

Who was it and why would a GEC dealer be pushing Buck? Are they a big Buck dealer as well? Just curious...

Gunstock Jack, and he’s referring to it as the “2019 Buck Forum Knife” :rolleyes:

His posts seem to be more disparaging as time goes on in the Traditional Forum. Seems like he’s found a new home with the Buck guys. Bye!

Back