Lets talk GEC!

I actually thought it was a Traditional Forum knife, and not a general Bladeforums knife, but maybe I'm wrong about that. :confused: I mean, otherwise we could have one made by Spyderco or Kershaw.
Anyway, Buck knives (the traditional ones that is) fall under the traditional category, and are one of the options this year, so fans of Buck can vote for it.

To get this thread back on topic, I really hope my stand-by reservation comes through for the #06 Pemberton in white bone, so I can take a new group picture. :D
eO2CSDb.jpg

I love how that bone on your Washington Jack has aged, r8shell.

I actually thought it was a Traditional Forum knife, and not a general Bladeforums knife, but maybe I'm wrong about that. :confused: I mean, otherwise we could have one made by Spyderco or Kershaw.
Anyway, Buck knives (the traditional ones that is) fall under the traditional category, and are one of the options this year, so fans of Buck can vote for it.

To get this thread back on topic, I really hope my stand-by reservation comes through for the #06 Pemberton in white bone, so I can take a new group picture. :D
eO2CSDb.jpg
Very nice trio, but that 77 is killer.

Any word on 86 production timeframe and variant options?

No word from me. I find it somewhat interesting that GEC didn't offer AMKCA the 86 as a club knife pattern if they're planning to run it later in the year.

eO2CSDb.jpg

I LOVE that 22! I have one in Sea Glass Acrylic and it's nice but I wish I had kept mine in ebony or smooth ivory bone.

eO2CSDb.jpg
I'm sure we can arrange to get you a smooth white bone if your reservation falls through :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Let me know.
And what a cool lineup love that little 22!

Very nice trio, but that 77 is killer.

I LOVE that 22! I have one in Sea Glass Acrylic and it's nice but I wish I had kept mine in ebony or smooth ivory bone.
Thanks, I can't afford to buy every GEC that comes out, so I have to be picky, and those in smooth white bone make the cut.

The Lick Creek is starting to get some patina to match the others. :)
ZUaps53.jpg

I'm sure we can arrange to get you a smooth white bone if your reservation falls through :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Let me know.
And what a cool lineup love that little 22!
Thank you, you're the best! :D:thumbsup:

I dug this out of the archives...66 Slim in Grey Pearl Acrylic. Interestingly, the tube sticker spells GREY in the British form rather than GRAY, but I suppose Americans do use the e form too? The British used the a form as well until about 150 years ago.

9BlgerW.jpg

I don't know if it's a regional thing, but I live near GEC and have always felt grey is the correct spelling.

I don't know if it's a regional thing, but I live near GEC and have always felt grey is the correct spelling.

Color is more often spelled grey and surname is more often spelled Gray...…… Youin'z from Pa are spelling it right...…..

Color is more often spelled grey and surname is more often spelled Gray...…… Youin'z from Pa are spelling it right...…..

From Dictionary.com...

Grey and gray are both accepted in the English language. They refer to a color of a neutral tone between black and white, and can also be used metaphorically to convey gloom and dullness. However, gray is the more popular spelling in the US, while grey reigns supreme in the UK.

I honestly don’t know which one I use, and now I’m paying too close attention to it to tell what comes naturally. Anyway...

I’ve been getting more and more into acrylics, and it seems like GEC is using them less and less. Any cool acrylics to share? Here’s my tulip acrylic courthouse whittler.

b5iRAX0.jpg

Here's a Conductor Whittler in Leprechaun Acrylic...
s5J2Qkp.jpg

Sure would like to see another run of Courthouse Whittlers and Conductor Whittlers!
While we are on the subject, was there any reports about a possible suspect heat treat in the coping blades? Or is it just my example?

Back