Lets talk GEC!

I just wanted to post this here also because I am so excited about my new knife. This is my first GEC and I intend to use this as much as possible. The first job it has is to cut some fruit up for my pregnant wife. Always have to be prepared when the cravings hit!

3ncx1q1.jpg

I just wanted to post this here also because I am so excited about my new knife. This is my first GEC and I intend to use this as much as possible. The first job it has is to cut some fruit up for my pregnant wife. Always have to be prepared when the cravings hit!

Congrats on both the knife and the baby. Two wonderful additions.

Just a thought, but has there been a year since it was introduced that GEC didn't make a run, in some form or fashion, of #15s?

I wouldn't be shocked to see some spit out later in the summer.

That's a beautiful collection. I would love to own a 15 one day.

As sXePhenomenal states above "patience eventually pays off." Figure out which models grab you, learn the market, and figure out what you are willing to pay. Don't buy what you don't really want and don't get caught up in a frenzy (and end up spending too much). You will be much better off to spend more for your dream knife than buy a bunch of knives that don't completely do it for you.

Last edited:
As sXePhenomenal states above "patience eventually pays off." Figure out which models grab you, learn the market, and figure out what you are willing to pay. Don't buy what you don't really want and don't get caught up in a frenzy (and end up spending too much). You will be much better off to spend more for your dream knife than buy a bunch knifes that don't completely do it for you.

Thanks for the advice. Trust me, I am very stingy with my money and I am careful about how I spend it. If they end up releasing one I can get my hands on for a reasonable price and it ticks all the boxes I'll be in. At the moment I'm just enjoying my new 93 and preparing for a kid so I'll be dialing any spending way back!

How about the Maher & Grosh Boys Knives? They are GEC made #15's. Sure, you'll have a small hole in the handle when you cut off the bail and chain, but that polished long pull spear and federal shield sure is sexy!! These are still available..... kinda amazed that they are; I think they just didn't get the hype. Just do a search for Maher and Grosh and you'll find em......

Minus the hole and lack of end caps, these are basically my grail 15.

11awopd.jpg

Just a thought, but has there been a year since it was introduced that GEC didn't make a run, in some form or fashion, of #15s?

I wouldn't be shocked to see some spit out later in the summer.

I'd be interested in a single blade Spear longpull and or in stainless :cool:;)

How about the Maher & Grosh Boys Knives? They are GEC made #15's. Sure, you'll have a small hole in the handle when you cut off the bail and chain, but that polished long pull spear and federal shield sure is sexy!! These are still available..... kinda amazed that they are; I think they just didn't get the hype. Just do a search for Maher and Grosh and you'll find em......

Minus the hole and lack of end caps, these are basically my grail 15.

11awopd.jpg
The M&G SFOs are criminally underappreciated. The Kansas Cane Cutter is still available for cryin out loud. And these boy's knives were the only 2 blade versions of the 15 on this run if memory serves correctly.

These have beautiful bone and wood and the shields are awesome. I kept the chains on my two tho! :)

Finally snared a lockback trapper. Been after one for a while glad the stainless one fell my way. Love the blade on these 42s View attachment 1148328
Lucky duck.
I saw that on the exchange. Beautiful :thumbsup:
I wanted a 42 stainless but ended up getting one in 1095 after not finding any :mad:. They're great folders. Mine's in rosewood.
42 by D P, on Flickr

Back