Lets talk GEC!

My 93 has proven awesome at trimming my lack luster part off cuts on finished pieces. Which handle material did you choose?
I ordered a Micarta, it was by chance, I was just randomly checking sites after my wife told me she wanted to gift me knife. After 3 days went by I started to be concerned as no shipping info was coming my way.
Then I got a call from the dealer, very apologetic telling me they did not have it in stock .... HOWEVER.... they could get me an oily creek or cocobolo for the same price or refund my money.
I screamed “ Cocobolo please “ :)
Still not here, please keep your collective fingers crossed for me TY
( not trying to make this post about buying/selling, just trying to answer the question about my choice of handle material)

Very good taste too and taste is something no amount of money can buy, more often the opposite:eek::D:D
Thanks Will - I appreciate it.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

btb01, what model no. is the third knife from the top? It's a great looking knife.
aTDBWcY.jpg
The one just below the one with the diamond shield is a 77, so is the one with the diamond shield in fact. All the other ones are 15’s except the one on the right.

btb01, what model no. is the third knife from the top? It's a great looking knife.
aTDBWcY.jpg

That's a #77 Yankee Jack from 2015. In my opinion, one of the best looking knives GEC has put out. I was looking for another photo of it for you, but this is the only one I could find at the moment. That's the #77 on the bottom, with a #78 American Jack in the middle and an #85 Bullet-End Jack on top.

2o5rzCu.jpg

(I believe I took that photo a while back to compare the shapes of the spearpoint blades.)

aTDBWcY.jpg

The one just below the one with the diamond shield is a 77, so is the one with the diamond shield in fact. All the other ones are 15’s except the one on the right.

Correct. From top to bottom:

Tidioute #15 Beer Scout Knife in Tortoise Shell Acrylic
Northfield #77 Washington Harness Jack in Smooth Autumn Gold Bone
Northfield #77 Yankee Jack in Antique Yellow Jigged Bone
Tidioute #15 Huckleberry Boy's Knife "Farm Boy" in Antique Yellow Jigged Bone
Tidioute #15 Ancient TC Barlow in Scratted Parchment Bone :(
Tidioute #15 Beer Scout Knife in Chestnut Sawcut Bone

And to the right of all those, a Farm & Field Tool #71 Bull Nose in OD Green Linen Micarta

That's a #77 Yankee Jack from 2015. In my opinion, one of the best looking knives GEC has put out. I was looking for another photo of it for you, but this is the only one I could find at the moment. That's the #77 on the bottom, with a #78 American Jack in the middle and an #85 Bullet-End Jack on top.

(I believe I took that photo a while back to compare the shapes of the spearpoint blades.)

Thank you both.

Those are all great looking knives. The swell end jack is probably my favorite pattern. From '06 to '12 I bought 8 GEC knives, most I carry but a couple are pristine. Since then I've mostly kept up with new offerings on their website but didn't pull the trigger on any and didn't keep up with the market. I had no idea it had become so hard to get one of the popular patterns. I'm hoping I can snag one of the upcoming 86s!

FINALLY :) I GOT IT TODAY :)
Here it is, posing inside a cocobolo bowl that I turned on my lathe over 10 years ago. It will go to bed every night inside this bowl :)

Holy moly buddy. You got a really impressive piece there. I must admit, I’m very jealous of that cut of Cocobolo! Wowie!

This must be that period of time where the "whats happening" page doesn't get updated because they are making a bunch of Northwoods :)

A likely scenario. Although, it seems we had a lengthy gap before the last update was posted as well.

While we're brushing the subject, I sure would enjoy seeing GEC produce the #59 (aka Bear Lake) in a normal production run. Just imagine it with a slender Northfield trim spear blade in Cocobolo or Snakewood.

Shew lord, just go ahead and make some and take all my money Bill!

While we're brushing the subject, I sure would enjoy seeing GEC produce the #59 (aka Bear Lake) in a normal production run. Just imagine it with a slender Northfield trim spear blade in Cocobolo or Snakewood.

Shew lord, just go ahead and make some and take all my money Bill!
I've always felt the 59 would make a great wharncliffe whittler

Back