Lets talk GEC!

Someone asked about this #77 Yankee Jack the other day, and I couldn’t find a better photo of it at the time, but I’ve since found this one, so I thought I’d just leave it here. :thumbsup:

DuBO1Vx.jpg

I think that was me, and thanks.

How much do you love that smooth white bone number six? The blade combination is nearly perfect, and I have been tempted to get one.
It really is a great little watch pocket knife. The single wharncliffe blade ones were tempting too, but since I already have a #18 Coyote, I couldn't justify getting both.
foZtaef.jpg

All best in SPEAR whatever the frame ;):D
Will Power Will Power absolutely agreed. I have owned dozens of clip bladed 14, 15 and 77 framed patterns. All that remain are the spear pointed variants. Dramatic looks are one thing, practical performance is an entirely different proposition. They also are much tidier in the pocket as the blades generally ride lower than a clip.

Will Power Will Power absolutely agreed. I have owned dozens of clip bladed 14, 15 and 77 framed patterns. All that remain are the spear pointed variants. Dramatic looks are one thing, practical performance is an entirely different proposition. They also are much tidier in the pocket as the blades generally ride lower than a clip.

Why exactly do you prefer clip point over the spear point in practical performance?

Asking out of genuine interest, because I am just trying to get my hands on some clip #15 or #77 as there is spear point in my collection everywhere you look. Your statement makes me feel like I am moving in wrong direction.

Why exactly do you prefer clip point over the spear point in practical performance?

Asking out of genuine interest, because I am just trying to get my hands on some clip #15 or #77 as there is spear point in my collection everywhere you look. Your statement makes me feel like I am moving in wrong direction.
I read his statement as clips were more dramatic in appearance, but spears better in practical performance.

Back