Lets talk GEC!

I don't think the Zulu is a viable option, not on a GEC thread.

:D:D:D

wY2uoYnh.jpg

What was that, a one-time run? GEC makes clip point bladed and spear point bladed knives all the time. It's not impossible to find an Esky Zulu, but it will take time and money.

That's probably true Christian. But it could work, don't you think?View attachment 1163829

It could definitely work. But I don't know if someone who doesn't understand the relative advantages of spears and clip points is the type who will spend the required effort to find a GEC Zulu.

It's not a big deal because GEC makes a large number and variety of knives. They don't have to be the everything for everybody. Plenty of zulus elsewhere.

It's not a big deal because GEC makes a large number and variety of knives. They don't have to be the everything for everybody. Plenty of zulus elsewhere.

I agree. But since this is expressly a GEC thread, I made the assumption (wrongly perhaps) that the knives discussed should be GEC made.

I agree. But since this is expressly a GEC thread, I made the assumption (wrongly perhaps) that the knives discussed should be GEC made.
Fair enough. I guess sometimes I read and comment without paying attention to the thread title.

Fair enough. I guess sometimes I read and comment without paying attention to the thread title.

FWIW I don’t think your post was off base.

The post that *started* this thread discusses blade combinations that GEC had not made yet, and from page one onward there are numerous photos of non-GEC knives.

While we’re on the topic: Hey, GEC! How about more Zulu spears?

FWIW I don’t think your post was off base.

The post that *started* this thread discusses blade combinations that GEC had not made yet, and from page one onward there are numerous photos of non-GEC knives.

While we’re on the topic: Hey, GEC! How about more Zulu spears?

I agree. I dont think your post was off base, Alan.o_O
We are discussing GEC's. GEC's zulu. What does "one run" have to do with anything?

For those patterns sure. I think spears look wonderful on straight jack designs, but on a curved jack? Can't beat a clip point.

48302861261_70e86dc71a_b.jpg

Generally I'd agree with that although Drop-Point is a blade I'm very fond of too and may well be suitable on that type. What I like about Spears is the look of them as a single-blade or on Penknife single-spring construction. I've not found a Spear blade awkward when closed if using the minor blade, on the contrary, they lie lower in the frame like Drop-Points and Clips can have sharp pointy swedges that impair grip.

Don't get me wrong, I like Clips too but more on 3 blade knives rather than singles .

Been some good brisk argument about blades and all cordial, that's what we're here for.:D But, another Spear aptitude...STABBER JACK :eek::cool:

He was making a recommendation. Don't you think the extremely limited numbers of that one run will limit the value of that recommendation? o_O
I really wasn't recommending anything as much as teasing with a photoshopped photo of a GEC knife. It could have been any single blade GEC.

I really wasn't recommending anything as much as teasing with a photoshopped photo of a GEC knife. It could have been any single blade GEC.

I know Joe. Simply trying to clarify why the conversation took the direction it did. No harm, no foul. It's the nature of the beast.

I know Joe. Simply trying to clarify why the conversation took the direction it did. No harm, no foul. It's the nature of the beast.
Thanks because this was starting to go sideways which is never my intention here.

Spear is better for spreading things like peanut butter. :) Aestheticly, I prefer the spear and would always go for one on a single-bladed folder. That or a Wharnecliffe. But that wasn't the question. I like two-blade, one-spring folders and have found that when using the straight-edged secondary, the hump of the spear sticking up out of the blade well and into my hand can be less comfortable than the same knife with a clip main, so clip/wharnie is my go to combination.
I see so many references to spreading peanut butter with pocket knives. If you don't mind me asking, do y'all carry jars of peanut butter around when you are out and about or not have kitchen knives at home?

Back