Lets talk GEC!

GEC went through a long stretch where I wasn't interested in anything they were bringing out.
That period was over with the #29, and now the NF Barlow and Eureka are also on pre-order.
Same here with those 3 plus a forum knife plus at least one of the clip point 86’s, plus several knives from the rendezvous.
GEC really is shutting up and taking all my money right now.

So excited to see what they do with the #86. I’m obviously pumped about the eureka jack.

I wish I had more money!!

Question for some of you who have been around a bit longer than me. I haven't watched the production schedule before this year, so I'm not sure how they normally handle all the SFOs.

We saw the 77 bolsters in production a while back, but nothing since. I think they've done almost all of the 29's, and started the Eurekas, and now started the 86's since we last saw the 77 bolsters... so... is it likely that GEC is still working on the 77s now, or more likely they have sidelined those till these others are completed now?

Question for some of you who have been around a bit longer than me. I haven't watched the production schedule before this year, so I'm not sure how they normally handle all the SFOs.

We saw the 77 bolsters in production a while back, but nothing since. I think they've done almost all of the 29's, and started the Eurekas, and now started the 86's since we last saw the 77 bolsters... so... is it likely that GEC is still working on the 77s now, or more likely they have sidelined those till these others are completed now?

My money would be on this order...

My money would be on this order...

I agree, but I don’t think that they have sidelined anything, I think that all those knives are being produced at the same time but are in different stages, the 29’s are obviously getting assembled and completed, the 92’s are almost certainly up next in assembly and are getting their blades ground now, the blades for the 77’s are probably out in heat treat and the blades for the 86’s are getting stamped and then will go out to heat treat, the blades for the 77’s will come back and get ground while they are assembling the 92’s, then the 77’s get assembled while they grinding the 87’s and so on and so on. Then they take all our money. Just a guess though, except for taking our money.

Something tells me the 77s might be sooner than later.

MXpAKqC.jpg

The 77’s are just doing this to laugh at me; “haha, you missed out on us- we’re going to push back production on the 92s just to spite you!”
Lol, I don't think it really matters what we do there's always some knife mocking us! I'm currently being laughed at by the 29s and the 92s! Up next to mock me, the 86s. That's why I'm so looking forward to the 77, it's most likely my last purchase of the year... (subject to change, of course)!

How would you guys like to work somewhere that made something tens of thousands of people carry in their pockets and lass on to their kids and grandchildren? I wonder if that crosses the mind of these craftsmen as they work?

I think about that sometimes. Especially when talking to Randy at GEC. The dude will show up on Saturday for the Rendezvous, on his day off, just to chat with people before the picnic. Knowing people love and enjoy the work you do must add so much enjoyment to your professional life.

Are the 77’s and 92’s at the very top of anyone else’s list? Spears to boot! This is going to be an expensive month ahead for me. Luckily I got in on the drop for both and another 77 in the bag. The hard part will be the rest of the run.

GEC went through a long stretch where I wasn't interested in anything they were bringing out.
That period was over with the #29, and now the NF Barlow and Eureka are also on pre-order.
Oh yes,the NF Barlow caught my eye too and I'd love to give GEC my money for that one but I have yet to discover a dealer that has pre order status. My fingers are tired from searching.lol

Back