Lets talk GEC!

Well that’s okay- I’m over the moon that I said I wished the eureka jack was going to be pile secondary... and it happened. Makes me wish I’d reserved a Northfield, too.

You mean these?
Ya5K3hw.jpg

Oil Field Jack is the suspected name of the new 86s in production.

Also pretty cool they are making a single blade version. Should be a winner.

Oil Field Jack is the suspected name of the new 86s in production.

Also pretty cool they are making a single blade version. Should be a winner.

I could be mistaken but I think the only single blade version being made is our forum knife (which is what I am assuming you are referring to). All others will be the Clip Main/Coping Secondary configuration.

I could be mistaken but I think the only single blade version being made is our forum knife (which is what I am assuming you are referring to). All others will be the Clip Main/Coping Secondary configuration.

Gotcha, I was saying that based off of what's listed in the production schedule. It does say SFO, so that explains it. Is there a separate thread that explains how the forum knives work and how one goes about acquiring one?

Gotcha, I was saying that based off of what's listed in the production schedule. It does say SFO, so that explains it. Is there a separate thread that explains how the forum knives work and how one goes about acquiring one?

This thread discusses our process for this year:

https://bladeforums.com/threads/upd...n-the-ordering-process-orders-closed.1650162/

The above thread is closed though but you can pose questions and the like here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/2019-forum-knife-question-thread.1650168/

Unfortunately, the ship has sailed on getting one directly but I can guarantee that there will be plenty of folks seeking to move them around after they are released.

Well there's a simple way to test if it's stainless or not, show it some fruit ;)

The tang-stamps might offer a clue, any Cyclops Works there? What about the tube, isn't there a certificate with it?

Anyone know what blade steel was used by GEC for this Cripple Creek knife? Bought it on that certain auction site for relatively cheap and gave it some TLC and Voila! May be the best GEC knife I own. Somewhere I think that I saw it was a grade of stainless.
View attachment 1196725

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg
I believe the "older" runs of Cripple Creek were done for SMKW, and were 420HC stainless.

This is strictly from memory, and I won't swear to it's accuracy. When I get the chance to do some more digging, I'll try to confirm my above statement.

I believe the "older" runs of Cripple Creek were done for SMKW, and were 420HC stainless.

This is strictly from memory, and I won't swear to it's accuracy. When I get the chance to do some more digging, I'll try to confirm my above statement.
Thanks Sabercat. Appreciate your help on this. I was doing some research on it and haven't had much success.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Back