Lets talk GEC!

I have a suspicion there will be #22s, you have to assume some #15s this year, and maybe some #73s. But I also think there's a new pattern being brewed up.

I tell you what, I have one if the elderberry coming, but I see picture on other sites and it just makes me want to own 2. I think they slammed it out of the park with that combination. No offense to the rest of the #92’s but I think the Elderberry is going to be the winner this time.

Also, anyone ever think of the French guy in Monty Python and the Holy Grail when you hear “Elderberry”?

I think of eating elderberries by the handful from the bush that grew next to their barn.

A #25 would be great, too. I love the looks of that frame.

I could seriously own one GEC knife picked at random from a hat for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy. I’m just spoiled.

Ah you added a blade I was thinking 3. With the punch.:thumbsup:

Actually I proposed adding two blades to the Churchill. I love Cattle knives and a Cattle knife with clip, sheepsfoot, spey, and punch is the ultimate ... even if it really belongs on the 53 frame. ;)

Actually I proposed adding two blades to the Churchill. I love Cattle knives and a Cattle knife with clip, sheepsfoot, spey, and punch is the ultimate ... even if it really belongs on the 53 frame. ;)
I hear ya, I just like the size of the 35. It fits me well. I use both my calf pen and Churchill often.

I hear ya, I just like the size of the 35. It fits me well. I use both my calf pen and Churchill often.
I would love a calf pen without the liner lock- that was the only thing that stopped me. The cigar pattern lends itself well to versatility; there’s lots of combinations that would work well.

I think today is going to be a very good day. I have a micarta 77 Barlow and an elderberry Eureka Jack in my mailbox. It'll be a tough choice as which to use first. The nod may go to the Eureka, as I generally prefer 2-blade knives over single blades.

Also, this weekend is probably my last weekend of camping out in the Adirondacks for the year, and the drier air of fall is quickly settling in. So it should be safe to start carrying my carbon steel knives again next week.

I’m jealous, I’m waiting on my CK order to ship. I wish I had a knife waiting for me, but it might be a week or two. I also have a deepwoods ventures knife being made for me, and I’m not sure which will get here first anymore.

Back