Lets talk GEC!

Half the scale is missing, you think they would notice that in process.
q8wtJZc.jpg

I think it broke off. I'm sure it will get fixed before it goes out the door.

Stag Bondo? :eek:
I don't see it. Can someone describe where or point it out??

To the points concerning Case’s jigging, I must agree. The feeling of a pocket worn jigged bone handle is second to none if the fit and finish is executed right. The problem we’re all so familiar with is, of course, that there are so many issues that trump the beautiful jigging. I notice a few chips and cracks in the jigging on some of my GEC’s that catch my skin a little from time to time. Not a deal breaker from me considering the high quality, otherwise, but if Case ever goes under I sure hope Mr. Howard buys their secrets. I had a pocket worn chestnut mini copperlock (now lost!) that was a darn good specimen.

for the record, I liked the jigging on the most recent run of Pemberton‘s. I think the sparse jigging was executed with great effect, and feels good in the hands.

What’s with all the #73 love around here? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a handsome knife. Maybe I’m just out of touch. I just don’t see anything about it that would make me jeopardize my marriage the way some others do, like the #25 or Grinling Whittler which I await for with baited breath.

What’s with all the #73 love around here? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a handsome knife. Maybe I’m just out of touch. I just don’t see anything about it that would make me jeopardize my marriage the way some others do, like the #25 or Grinling Whittler which I await for with baited breath.

It's an iconic knife as it was a first pattern, it's also very useful as a user the size being suitable for small or large hands, it has a Drop-Point, can lock and has some really good scales options, these are some of the reasons...;) Personally, I'm drifting away from multis, not that I don't admire them I just prefer the feel of a single blade.

Blasphemy the 73 is the greatest knife in the GEC lineup no contest!

The 73 is a handsome knife...greatest?... well I’m partial to the 15s myself. There are always lots of 73s for sale on the secondary market, in a wide-variety of handle materials. Furthermore, the 73s are available for much more reasonable prices than other offerings from GEC. If folks are hankering for a 73 now, just go hunt one down.

Blasphemous!:eek::D Then it wouldn't have its square and flush joint, which is part of it's design!:D;)
True, I had thought of that before I posted.
But I'd still like to have one without half stops... especially with a linerlock.
Half stops with a linerlock can be kind of fidgety.

Back