Lets talk GEC!

Typical NW media blackout?
At first that's what I figured, but with the comment referenced earlier in the thread about something different... I don't know. It's hard to think of something that would fall in GECs niche of expertise that they haven't done, outside of simply a new pattern. But, I'm sure they know better than I do.

Kitchen knives? Like, chef's knife?

Hopefully it's not pens... I will be pretty happy if it turns out to be an axe (boys axe or fixed blade axe combo) or hobo knife.

Reactions: HST
I’m sure you’ve all seen the update by now. Pretty handsome 86! I take back whatever I said about the wrench coming off on the nose. I want one but I will have to pass.

The knife looks heavier than what I'd prefer to carry. I'm gonna pass on the 2 blade version, and just stick with the forum knife on this pattern.

View attachment 1227651 View attachment 1227649 View attachment 1227645

Does anyone know how Chris Tucker is doing? I sorely miss her influence at GEC. She was such a pleasure to deal with. I could be wrong, but I suspect she was in charge of updating the photographs and production schedule on their website. The updates seem to be much less frequent now that she is gone. Whoever did it then knew how to build the suspense and keep us hanging on the edge of our seats! Here’s to you Ms Tucker! I hope all is well.

Does anyone know how Chris Tucker is doing? I sorely miss her influence at GEC. She was such a pleasure to deal with. I could be wrong, but I suspect she was in charge of updating the photographs and production schedule on their website. The updates seem to be much less frequent now that she is gone. Whoever did it then knew how to build the suspense and keep us hanging on the edge of our seats! Here’s to you Ms Tucker! I hope all is well.

Can’t answer your question, but I also can’t refrain from remarking that that red soup bone TC is just fantastic.

Quote from a GEC employee in a FB group: "The reason you probably not seeing anything new is because the next knife is totally new totally off-the-wall totally not ours and totally not our distributors. We have nothing to do with it other than the fact of manufacturing it. Let us not count that in this list of what we think is next. But what is next is not anything listed. It will be unprecedented in form and delivery and never before done by gec"

A switchblade maybe. :thumbsup:
That would be traditional, and also practical. :)
I would want at least one.
4 1/2" - 5+" long

Any updates?

Chris is preparing for a surgical procedure to be done in 2020 that will hopefully rectify her problem.....

I thought the BF knife would be shipping already. It was on the production schedule before the regular 86's and those have already dropped.

Xx4ibad.jpg

It's my guess that it is Northfield trim and will be run with those models.

I thought the BF knife would be shipping already. It was on the production schedule before the regular 86's and those have already dropped.

I'm guessing we need to tack on a couple weeks or more for shipping process. I can imagine it will take a fair amount of time to sort through orders, print labels, pack, and shrink wrap hundreds of boxes.

I'm guessing we need to tack on a couple weeks or more for shipping process. I can imagine it will take a fair amount of time to sort through orders, print labels, pack, and shrink wrap hundreds of boxes.
A couple of weeks? Why? It took KSF hours to pack and ship 500 knives last week on their Ocoee drop.

Back