Lets talk GEC!

w3x1fjR.jpg
This is the next knife I would like to see from GEC. Its an absolute joy. Like an improved farm boy. The way the blades nest is fabulous.

BgFvcAs.jpg
That is an exceptionally fine knife!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

I wonder if this is their tease for the big knife that's coming
That's how I put two and two together...
Big Kinife + Trapper + Picture of a Back Pocket = lots of people complaining :D (all hints that were given).
I'd actually like to see how GEC would handle a Back Pocket knife, I think the blade on the Bose version is too thin. Big fat handle with very shallow blade. Just doesn't look in proportion to me.

Is that a modded Navy Utility ?

Yes it is. I didn’t realise this when I bought it. I have several of the Camillus navy utility knives and like them all. They are all the equal of their modern equivalent being the GEC 15 (just without the tyre tread jigging) But this one is special! The mod works like a charm.

Will GEC ever do their own spin on the “Coffin Jack”? I think it’d be awesome to get one with a spear main and coping blade like the “Eureka Jack”. What are you guys thoughts/input on this?(Not my picture)
View attachment 1240258

I'm rather surprised they haven't had a shot at it yet, they've done some versions of Winchester's Black Box Knives-not surprising given B.Howard's connexion with Queen Cutlery (the makers of BB) Conductor and Norfolk have similarities with BB versions. BB's own Coffin J is a very nicely proportioned one, better I reckon than the CASE/Bose.

Hvwfkar.jpg

Anyone else holding out for a new run of lockbacks in 2020?
My feeling is that GEC gave us a few new patterns in 2019, so we should maybe expect some old favorites to return next year.

I don't know about lockbacks. I predict a run of 15s and 14s (sheepfoot time!) and we already know about the 62s. The current run of 86s is probably gonna leave me in the poorhouse (kidding!) so I kinda hope they lead with some giant trapper or something else I can easily pass on, haha.

My feeling is that GEC gave us a few new patterns in 2019, so we should maybe expect some old favorites to return next year.

I don't know about lockbacks. I predict a run of 15s and 14s (sheepfoot time!) and we already know about the 62s. The current run of 86s is probably gonna leave me in the poorhouse (kidding!) so I kinda hope they lead with some giant trapper or something else I can easily pass on, haha.

Well if a big trapper is what we need to keep your pockets full, let’s get another round of 42s on deck!

fingers crossed for some sort of 15 with single blade an end cap, 48 single blade large clip with end cap, coffin single blade with end cap or medium coke bottle single blade with end cap.

Back