Lets talk GEC!

What are the odds of me finding one of these around retail?

https://imgur.com/a/R27PlVx
Slim to none and slim jest left town.:D Like has been said you won't likely find one for retail but that particular TC dose show up at a reasonable price from time to time. There's one place I'm thinking of in particular to keep an eye out for them but I don't think there a member of BladeForums so you would need to pm me or email me at gecknives@yahoo.com if you want the name. Good luck.

View attachment 1262002 View attachment 1262003 View attachment 1262001

The Ebony Heartland Clip SFO by the Apostle P is a great knife. Does anyone know why he has not done another SFO? If I remember correctly, he got into a big fight with some Forum members over something. Maybe he got fed up and decided not to do it again. What a shame.

Those Oregon Collectors can also design a great knife. I am anxious to see their 23 design, but this 43 Oregon Trapper is about as large as I like to go.

QbiXbDr.jpg

There you go.

View attachment 1262002 View attachment 1262003 View attachment 1262001

The Ebony Heartland Clip SFO by the Apostle P is a great knife. Does anyone know why he has not done another SFO? If I remember correctly, he got into a big fight with some Forum members over something. Maybe he got fed up and decided not to do it again. What a shame.

Those Oregon Collectors can also design a great knife. I am anxious to see their 23 design, but this 43 Oregon Trapper is about as large as I like to go.

I don't remember the details without going back through the thread. If I remember correctly the prerelease mock up didn't quite match the end result. It is a great knife and I too wish he would do another SFO.

I don't remember the details without going back through the thread. If I remember correctly the prerelease mock up didn't quite match the end result. It is a great knife and I too wish he would do another SFO.
I think it was mocked up like a Lannys clip with the swedge cut closer to the nailnick. I think that was the issue. I had one and regret trading it. It was a great knife. Would love to see another SFO from him.

That #23 looks awesome. Need to get my grubby hands on one.

Looks great and I’m excited for the 23...however I wish it was a single blade drop point

The two of the same blade on the end and the fact they are just smaller versions of the main makes me wonder how useful having that configuration would really be. I will still admit that is a sexy blade regardless.

iWvfQDG.jpg

Wait what? :D:D:D
Reminds me of the oar carver. Too bad it doesn’t have a bellied blade. I think lack of variation in blade shapes will prevent me from buying this otherwise great stab (pun intended) at a dedicated whittler.

I noticed that too o_O
Me too. And I was not even following this knife much as I was not interested because of the size. I had not been in the For Sale by Individual section for a while either Not knowing the original price I did not know if folks were charging a premium on the resale.

,,,Mike in Canada

Me too. And I was not even following this knife much as I was not interested because of the size. I had not been in the For Sale by Individual section for a while either Not knowing the original price I did not know if folks were charging a premium on the resale.

,,,Mike in Canada
I'd really like to know what the original price was too. I only ever saw one for sale at a Waynorth dealer and I bought it, but I don't know if that was the price everybody charged or not. Some dealers do inflate prices on fast sellers.

I'd really like to know what the original price was too. I only ever saw one for sale at a Waynorth dealer and I bought it, but I don't know if that was the price everybody charged or not. Some dealers do inflate prices on fast sellers.
$165 ish

Easy flip knife if it's not something your into. Or maybe, a lot of guys might grab one thinking they might like it. Get it and find it's too big, or blah blah blah. But it's easy to make a couple bucks off one.

Back