Lets talk GEC!

Top to bottom: 23, 73, 83
hdCcfpa.jpg

9YoV2uU.jpg

23 top, 73 bottom
gEj2PCN.jpg

The 23 is a lot of knife ;)

I bought my first 23 a month or two ago. Other than it being a nail breaker, I love everything about it. I would like to have single blade version though.

So far for handle materials on the 23 I'm seeing Brazilian cherrywood, micarta, and natural bone. Anyone know what they could possibly be doing with the natural bone? I'm guessing they will be dying it or something bc I dont see any natural bone handle options from GEC.

So far for handle materials on the 23 I'm seeing Brazilian cherrywood, micarta, and natural bone. Anyone know what they could possibly be doing with the natural bone? I'm guessing they will be dying it or something bc I dont see any natural bone handle options from GEC.
Exotic India Bone

Exotic India Bone
What is Exotic India Bone? Just bovine shin bone that’s jigged and colored like the image in your post #17910 above or bone from some other kind of critter? Given the religious status of bovines in Indian culture and Hindu religion, I’m having trouble trying to guess this one out.

What is Exotic India Bone? Just bovine shin bone that’s jigged and colored like the image in your post #17910 above or bone from some other kind of critter? Given the religious status of bovines in Indian culture and Hindu religion, I’m having trouble trying to guess this one out.
Just the messenger.

Well, it's better than Exotic India Rubber :D That type of synth handle has a history that stretches back to the c19th I believe, but not keen on it.

In some ways it looks a bit like Queen's Winterbottom which was very nice gear.

I got confirmation that it’s regular bovine bone that’s jigged and colored to get it looking like the image above.

If I recall correctly it's been a couple years since we've seen a KSF GEC SFO. I miss them. I especially looked forward to the blue and orange camel bone they would use on occasion. Am I remembering this correctly - has KSF not put out an SFO of their own recently (excluding the standard SFO's they offer Waynorth, Northwoods etc).

If I recall correctly it's been a couple years since we've seen a KSF GEC SFO. I miss them. I especially looked forward to the blue and orange camel bone they would use on occasion. Am I remembering this correctly - has KSF not put out an SFO of their own recently (excluding the standard SFO's they offer Waynorth, Northwoods etc).
2017 was the last time. Excluding their private label (Northwoods), they've done various SFOs over the years in blue, navy blue, green, black, orange, rust orange, rust red, yellow, amber, and brown camel bone.

Back