Lets talk GEC!

A run of 15s with 2 blades like this Heritage Jack. 1 straight blade 1 bellied in either order.
XlDBV5R.jpg

I think it's been a while since there's been a good-sized run of 15 clips. By good-sized, I mean a mad-dash lolly-scramble shouldn't be needed to secure one. Or two. :rolleyes::D

the last run of spears were available for quite some time, with the green micarta lagging at the end. But in a true count, the bail and chain spears are definitely still available if so desired.

A run of Scouts with and without crown lifters and shields. I think the last 15 with a Scout shield was the 2015 "Soda" Scout...and then you have to go back a year or two before that for the more standard Scouts with shield. While I love the whimsey of the "Beer Scout Knife" shield, there just something grand about the simple word "SCOUT" emblazoned on a knife's shield. Two of my favorites:
upload_2020-6-8_11-36-23-jpeg.1355172

A run of Scouts with and without crown lifters and shields. I think the last 15 with a Scout shield was the 2015 "Soda" Scout...and then you have to go back a year or two before that for the more standard Scouts with shield. While I love the whimsey of the "Beer Scout Knife" shield, there just something grand about the simple word "SCOUT" emblazoned on a knife's shield. Two of my favorites:
upload_2020-6-8_11-36-23-jpeg.1355172
Yep.
WzOftd6.jpg

A run of Scouts with and without crown lifters and shields. I think the last 15 with a Scout shield was the 2015 "Soda" Scout...and then you have to go back a year or two before that for the more standard Scouts with shield. While I love the whimsey of the "Beer Scout Knife" shield, there just something grand about the simple word "SCOUT" emblazoned on a knife's shield. :

I'm pretty sure that the 'Beer Scout' shield is the main reason that knife is so popular.

I'm pretty sure that the 'Beer Scout' shield is the main reason that knife is so popular.

There was a lot of arguing on BF over that shield. Many hated it but I love it myself and yes, that shield has meant a lot, the BSKs flew off the shelves while the crown lifters sat for some time. Adding to the appeal of the BSK now is the fact that there will never be a “Beer Scout Knife” again. upload_2020-6-9_8-34-31.jpeg

Ya never know... The BSA went bankrupt.

There are definetly a lot more beer drinkers out there than there are boy scouts. I feel like Beer Scouts Knives would always sell. I'd love to get my hands on one.

Ya never know... The BSA went bankrupt.

True but a source of their income is the licensing of official "Boy Scout" knives...as long as they aren't dissolved, I bet they would still fight to protect that income stream including any perceived infringements. I'm still on board for a 73 (or even 23) with a crown lifter secondary...a Beer Hunter Knife.

Perhaps a shield that says, "Beer Prepared". :D

GOLD STAR for you today John!!! Reminds me of the Tom Lehrer song Be Prepared (I bought the album when I was a kid at a garage sale, truly memorable music):

Be prepared! That's the boy scout's marching song,
Be prepared! As through life you march along.
Be prepared to hold your liquor pretty well,
Don't write naughty words on walls if you can't spell.

Be prepared! To hide that pack of cigarettes,
Don't make book if you cannot cover bets.
Keep those reefers hidden where you're sure
That they will not be found
And be careful not to smoke them
When the scoutmaster's around
For he only will insist that it be shared.
Be prepared!

Be prepared! That's the boy scouts' solemn creed,
Be prepared! And be clean in word and deed.
Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice,
Unless you get a good percentage of her price.

Be prepared! And be careful not to do
Your good deeds when there's no one watching you.
If you're looking for adventure of a
New and different kind,
And you come across a girl scout who is
Similarly inclined,
Don't be nervous, don't be flustered, don't be scared.
Be prepared!

True but a source of their income is the licensing of official "Boy Scout" knives...as long as they aren't dissolved, I bet they would still fight to protect that income stream including any perceived infringements. I'm still on board for a 73 (or even 23) with a crown lifter secondary...a Beer Hunter Knife.

Love the sound of the "Beer Hunter" I would buy 2 of those.

Back