Lets talk GEC!

I'll probably be in for both and keep my favorite. I've owned many 33s, but this is the only one that has stuck around. EDC since 2014.

One of the ones I wish hadn’t gone in sell offs. Beautiful with the ebony, and nice to see such a solid use patina.

I’ve got my Dog Paw 33 in stainless, I turned the pen into a coping blade because I just don’t have a need for two similar blades. Not sure why it’s so common to have a pen as a secondary to a spear or clip? Anyways it’s a great little knife with amazing sound and feel to to snap on the main especially.

I hope Mike doesn't mind me moving his quote over to this thread...
I thought it might be better to leave the Forum Knife discussion uncluttered.

GEC... They have announced, at least to dealers, that they are no longer producing SFO's, non-owned branded knives, club knives, etc.
I was wondering if this meant we won't see any more NF and TC Barlows? :eek:

We can officially exclude GEC from consideration. They have announced, at least to dealers, that they are no longer producing SFO's, non-owned branded knives, club knives, etc. A simplification of operation to only general production GEC branded knives. There is a Smith Mudbug that was already in the pipeline that will be the last commitment.
@knifeswapper - do you know if this is just to get back on track this year because of the covid closure or is this a permanent decision?

I think its a good move for GEC overall, as the SFO production must have consumed a lot of GEC time and tied up production. That said, it would be nice to see another manufacturer take up the opportunity to make SFOs.

Back