Lets talk GEC!

GEC's popularity has been propelled by the popularity of collecting the SFOs. One could speculate it is designed to make GEC more profitable.

FWIW I'm in for a couple more conductors. All mine are snappy, but keep in mind they don't have halfstops so they open smoothly. With a clip primary, would prefer a coping secondary over a pen.

conductors1.jpg

Honestly the dropping of sfo's may turn out to be a good thing.
GEC may then be able to release more variety to everyone each run.
Or produce more pattern runs per year.
Either way everyone wins.

My concern with this is if it's being done to increase production or to maintain quality control. I have no problem with either of those but usually that indicates a shrinking workforce. I do feel it will impact sales and the numbers of different designs, but I truly hope it does not.

On the other hand it may force some of those who have name rights to some of the "brands" we're used to seeing as SFOs reaching out to individual cutlers or setting up another manufacture to produce their knives.

Well, as a result of this news, and totally not including the model 23, I am starting a worldwide boycott of all GEC private branded, SFO, club, and stainless knives and I refuse to purchase a single one until they start making them again.

Well, as a result of this news, and totally not including the model 23, I am starting a worldwide boycott of all GEC private branded, SFO, club, and stainless knives and I refuse to purchase a single one until they start making them again.
That'll teach 'em :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Honestly the dropping of sfo's may turn out to be a good thing.
GEC may then be able to release more variety to everyone each run.
Or produce more pattern runs per year.
Either way everyone wins.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe they'll make more patterns yearly with less variations rather than fewer patterns with more versions. I'd prefer that personally, but I don't chase SFO's to begin with. I'm sure GEC is used to not being able to please everyone, and hopefully they don't really care...

Back