Lets talk GEC!

Ah, I thought this was a joke. Then, I went to gecs website. Really? I'm now at a loss for words.

After thinking more, we can now have a scout knife. Take a BF #35 knife, a churchill and this beastly contraption. Send them to one of our porch knife wizards and have a three spring, clip opposed w/sheep, spear opposed with awl and a second spear opposed with the lifter/fork. Then take that beard comb slap in in one of the left over set of scales and give it to someone that has a cat or dog because it sure doesn't belong in a scout knife.......

Or maybe grind the fork into a normal cap lifter, and turn the comb into a lock picking comb pick.

I suppose there will always be people that complain when GEC produces anything besides another single blade 15 barlow.

A lot of the same comments were made when the first pictures of the calf pen showed up but now you will find many posts from people saying it's their favorite edc GEC.

I suppose there will always be people that complain when GEC produces anything besides another single blade 15 barlow.

A lot of the same comments were made when the first pictures of the calf pen showed up but now you will find many posts from people saying it's their favorite edc GEC.
Fan for every knife , isn’t it great :)

Seriously, who would ever use an eating utensil to perform personal hygiene?

Lol I showed my wife and she said the same thing. I honestly see nothing wrong with it as long as you don’t mind the stray beard hairs probably getting on your food. It’s weird though- I’ve certainly never wished my knife had a comb.

I hope you all stand by your negativity of the pattern when they are released, that might give me a chance to grab one.
But I'm betting once they're released I'll see many of you posting pictures of yours with glee.

you’re not wrong. As things develop attitudes will change. I commend GEC on a crazy knife and I’m sure some people are going to love this... I just don’t think as many as would have liked something more “down the line”. But you never know- this might just become the next grail knife.

I agree that there’s always folks who don’t get what they are looking for. I think this just happens to tick more boxes of things people might not be interested in. I definitely don’t feel like the Calf Pen was a “winner” knife the way some others are, though certainly I’m sure it’s a good knife and some people seem to love it. I just don’t think it was as popular.

—————————————————

I showed my “non-knife enthusiast” brother in law and he pointed out that it seems like a novelty item you’d get as a gift for your groomsmen. I think that’s accurate for most people’s perspective. I’m glad GEC is trying new things. I’m a little disappointed it’s not something I’d be more interested in, but They can’t win them all!

I’ll be hoping what Jiki Jiki says is true and this isn’t the only #35 variant they’re making, but it’s not like I don’t already have GECs I love to tide me over.

Lol I showed my wife and she said the same thing. I honestly see nothing wrong with it as long as you don’t mind the stray beard hairs probably getting on your food. It’s weird though- I’ve certainly never wished my knife had a comb.

I don't have a beard and the small amount of hair on my head never needs a comb. The only hairs that might be getting on the food don't bear much thinking about. ;)

I commend GEC on a crazy knife and I’m sure some people are going to love this...

If GEC had done a full-on hobo knife with a spoon and a real fork, maybe on the 98 frame, I might have gotten on board. But that comb? It's just wrong.

I stand by any negative comments I made about the Calf Pen. I thought it was weird and ugly when it came out, still do. :D Glad the folks who like ‘em like ‘em though. :thumbsup:

Not every GEC is a winner. You can still find “38 Specials” on dealer sites... from 2017. I’m sure it’s a great knife, but it has a bit of an ungainly look about it and lacks the versatility of multiple blades, so they sit.

Also note how long the bail-and-chain 15s have sat. Few people raving that this is their favorite iteration ever.

The 35 was/is a popular frame, but the comb and fork definitely means it’s a knife that will be beloved of the few, not the majority.

Joe Schmoe here, if one were inclined they could do this project with the tools in this picture if you wanted or any other blade deletes or swaps...

While this isn’t exactly on-topic for this thread, I wanted to give a public thank you for inspiring me to finally complete a project I’ve been pondering for some time. I decided to spend this rainy day deleting a multitude of blades.

Attachments

• 240482DB-37DB-4EFF-B305-6CC2A0C26775.jpeg
    240482DB-37DB-4EFF-B305-6CC2A0C26775.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 39

I didn't comment on the Calf Pen, I had no interest in it, one way or the other. Didn't buy one, either. This one is interesting the way a 400lb cutie in a thong is interesting ... like a train wreck. It's awful but you can't look away.

In my opinion the "beard comb" is not really a beard comb.. everybody is cracking me up. I can just see someone eating a sausage then combing their beard lol. It's a tool to clear the foam head off beer! Some jokester just added the arrow and "beard comb" on the mock up. Good luck combing your beard with that tiny thing lol

In my opinion the "beard comb" is not really a beard comb.. everybody is cracking me up. I can just see someone eating a sausage then combing their beard lol. It's a tool to clear the foam head off beer! Some jokester just added the arrow and "beard comb" on the mock up. Good luck combing your beard with that tiny thing lol
That would certainly make more sense on a bar tool.

Back