Lets talk GEC!

Luke_Crywalker.png

I love beer scouts
I have a beard
I have hair that requires a comb

I thought this was a joke until I read the comments.
I think the comb is a bad idea. I’d never use it. 2 blade with the comb delete and I’d love it.

That being said I’m still going to buy one.

I suppose there will always be people that complain when GEC produces anything besides another single blade 15 barlow.

A lot of the same comments were made when the first pictures of the calf pen showed up but now you will find many posts from people saying it's their favorite edc GEC.
Based on what the used nitebrites are going for..you're right on the money.

I will be equally surprised if it shows up with or without the comb. I’ve only seen photos of 2 blades. Im in either way and it will be an awesome bar knife. Certainly nothing to riot over...at the end of the day it’s just a pocket knife and 99.9999999% of the population think we are way too serious about them.

Makes sense to me especially since there is a tooth sticking out the end of it to rest on the edge of the glass as you rake the suds off.

In my opinion the "beard comb" is not really a beard comb.. everybody is cracking me up. I can just see someone eating a sausage then combing their beard lol. It's a tool to clear the foam head off beer! Some jokester just added the arrow and "beard comb" on the mock up. Good luck combing your beard with that tiny thing lol

The disappointment I feel with this knife on the 35 frame is that it’s such a missed opportunity for GEC to make a cool knife that I really want to use and carry - a new classic. Opportunity lost.

It’s disappointing to think we could all be sharing experiences using that type of knife in all sorts of great outdoors and working environments. Instead we get knives like the odd calf pen, the too big texas cattle knife and its variants, endless leather punches in a world that has moved on from leather, bail and chain. These are often cool knives in their own right, but lack a little functionality that could be added with some tweaks. In other words, if GEC is set on making odd patterns and variations (and I hope they continue to) I would really like to see some variations based on functionality to balance out the whimsy.

upload_2020-8-1_14-15-52.jpeg

GEC has the ability to make cool and practical variations on this type of knife and I really hope they do.

Anyway, just my thoughts, probably too much given there is so much to be positive about regarding GEC, I’ll close up on the negativity now.

Last edited:
In my opinion the "beard comb" is not really a beard comb.. everybody is cracking me up. I can just see someone eating a sausage then combing their beard lol. It's a tool to clear the foam head off beer! Some jokester just added the arrow and "beard comb" on the mock up. Good luck combing your beard with that tiny thing lol

I’ve seen beer combs before, and they are as pictured a couple posts above. It’s like a spatula. I don’t understand why such a device needs teeth, so I believe it’s a comb intended for hair. The only thing I could think to use it for would be straining mixed drinks, but even then if you’re making drinks in a shaker you already have that functionality.

There are people out there who could be enjoying a really useful, practical GEC made edc stockman knife every day, which the #35 could so easily be.
How do you know they are not making this knife? A 35 stock knife?

All you know is that they are making a beer and sausage knife with a beard comb(yes it's a beard comb and not a bar spatula).

Last Friday they put up three photos and everyone went crazy. This Friday the post one knife they are going to make, nothing more nothing less, and everyone is going crazy.

If you want to be mad at Bill Howard be mad because he is an expert at yanking your chain or be mad at yourself for allowing him to do it.

I'm waiting for the production schedule to be updated before I say anything for certain from GEC.

Bill Howard can do whatever he wants, it's his company and his knives sell out like hot buttered popcorn on movie night. the customer has the ultimate say by purchasing, or looking the other way. I get the feeling he could polish a turd and folks would buy it...

Bill Howard can do whatever he wants, it's his company and his knives sell out like hot buttered popcorn on movie night. the customer has the ultimate say by purchasing, or looking the other way. I get the feeling he could polish a turd and folks would buy it...

you’re on to something there! If we want a standard knife maybe we could give our money to Queen... oh wait, I mean Camillus... ah, damn... I mean Schrade... Er.. wait... how about Case? Yeah... Case... and hope for that 1-in-5 knife that’s decently put together.
GEC is still in business and producing quality, so I’ll give Mr. Howard leeway todo projects he might personally want to do. If suffering through a #35 beer and sausage knife is what it takes to get me my next, well loved GEC then so be it!

What kind of turd spear or sheepsfoot?

Back