Lets talk GEC!

my opinion accounts for the 62 pocket carver and the 23 liner lock. Yeah, i know... Everything has its place in somebody's collection/pocket, and no doubt somebody can site the historical inspirations for both. If that's you, fantastic. I hope they bring much enjoyment.

haha, I’m by no means what you describe; just a simple knife guy.

I agree- the pocket carver isn’t really “traditional” in the common core of traditional patterns + blade combos. I’d say the #23 liner lock perhaps more traditional being that the pattern is traditional with an expected blade choice and liner locks aren’t unheard of in slip joints.

What made me pause was “gimmick”; it implies that they aren’t worthwhile or useful tools, rather there for attracting attention. :) I think I understand what you mean, however.

maybe we’ve got it too good in the traditional knife world. The real gimmicks I find are in the world of electro-acoustical musical instruments. Good grief... it’s no wonder so many myths get propagated!

Just got an email from a dealer that expects them end of this week or early next week.

yes! Very excited. That knife looks like a work of working art.

Edit: also, can we get some photos of #33's from the past to really spur my urge to buy?

HCiPaLb.jpg

I agree- the pocket carver isn’t really “traditional” in the common core of traditional patterns + blade combos. I’d say the #23 liner lock perhaps more traditional being that the pattern is traditional with an expected blade choice and liner locks aren’t unheard of in slip joints.

What made me pause was “gimmick”; it implies that they aren’t worthwhile or useful tools, rather there for attracting attention. :) I think I understand what you mean, however.
Right. Like electrician patterns, which, coincidentally tend to have a liner lock, or a Doctors pattern. I'm not an electrician or physician, but i own a few TL-29's and a bunch of doctor knives with spatulas.... because of the nostalgia / gimmick appeals to me (especially that darn spatula, and i eagerly await a GEC rendition).

How's the edge retention on those flints? ;):D
Not nearly as brittle or sharp as this here obsidian.

new pictures of the conductor. I hope I'm able to snag one. I'll be really sad if that falls through. those are BEAUTIFUL, even with all the oil/steel finings all over them.

Yeah. Liking the shield. Wouldn’t it be cool if that replaced the bar shield on the Tidioute line?
There's only a couple occasions where I've thought the bar shield looked great. This one is FAR superior to the bar shield though. I can imagine it making more straight forward frames look more interesting.

No you are not, well, no more than the rest of us here :D

The painting is by a French painter and is entitled Horse Frightened by a Serpent (Eng.transl.) So it could be a 74 in some very cool SNAKE SCALES Acrylic:cool: They did a run of those on the Viper before, well sinister looking :D

Serpent/snake could be dealing with temptation too....who knows?:)

Oh, we may be getting both a #74 and #47 and the painting indicates that viper is coming after stallion!

Now that I think of it, previous run of #35 was named Churchill. Following one, endorsing sausages and beer should be named after famous german statesman, Bismarck.

Oh, we may be getting both a #74 and #47 and the painting indicates that viper is coming after stallion!

Now that I think of it, previous run of #35 was named Churchill. Following one, endorsing sausages and beer should be named after famous german statesman, Bismarck.
Churchill was less controversial!

Churchill famously wrote that he will write his own history and be sure that history is kind to him;) In many respects, a serial failure who was never intimidated by his own colossal failures but turned them always to his personal advantage:rolleyes: Not a fan.

But am a fan of the Churchill pattern, great knife, great Cigar end :cool::thumbsup:

Back