Lets talk GEC!

Thinking about it this morning, it's occurred to me that I don't believe cobras are vipers. Some brief wiki-ing seems to confirm this.
That is correct. Vipers have heat detecting pits on their face, rattlers and copper heads are vipers, cobras are not. So what does the cobra indicate?
And where did you find that picture on GEC's site?

How ridiculous am I... got the 30 year old generator running just so I could try and score a #33 if they show up today... :D

Isaias hasn’t bested me yet.

In related news, I have a serious problem.
Yea you do, need to get that power going so you don’t miss out on the 33s.

Thanks got a partial refund for what I’m assuming is shipping from them so wasn’t sure if they were just getting the books in order or knives were shipping early.

Working on a present for my niece who’s turning 1 next week. Hand tools and my low Roman work bench outside today. Gorgeous day for a pandemic and Day 5 of no power.

what’s that I’m using to clean up the joinery? Ahhh yeah, my #62 pocket carver. It was in my pocket, convenient and did what I needed! :cool:

cOzUo0k.jpg

Working on a present for my niece who’s turning 1 next week. Hand tools and my low Roman work bench outside today. Gorgeous day for a pandemic and Day 5 of no power.

what’s that I’m using to clean up the joinery? Ahhh yeah, my #62 pocket carver. It was in my pocket, convenient and did what I needed! :cool:

cOzUo0k.jpg

I enjoy such projects but I don't get the opportunity very often. Looks like you have the perfect environment to do the work! I would love to see pictures of the finished product.
Take care,
Rick

Huh, neat. Thanks.
At the bottom it says "What's happening at the end of the hall?"
It looks like the rattlesnake (viper) is at the end of the hall and the horse is outside and the cobra isn't at the end.
I wish they'd surprise us with a large stockman with a punch.
I already have one swayback viper and I'm already committed to buying another.
Ah well, it's all good and the tease is fun.

I enjoy such projects but I don't get the opportunity very often. Looks like you have the perfect environment to do the work! I would love to see pictures of the finished product.
Take care,
Rick

As would I, I'm always up for ideas for projects!

cOzUo0k.jpg

curious to get a look at that workbench! I enjoy hand tools and would be interested to see a workbench designed for the use of them.

This place never ceases to amaze me, such great folks and Josh is one of the best! Thank you again!

Went to the mailbox today and unbeknownst to me Ibhad a package waiting, no name on the return address. I opened the box and to my surprise I was looking at and holding the first GEC I had ever owned! I'll save ya from the entire story but I have a huge smile on my face :)

This thread has been a lot of fun over the years and I love how it flows in and out of topics. It is about to reach 1000 pages / 10,000 posts! A true statement of the love for these knives. When we do hit that milestone, anyone that has posted in this thread is automatically entered into a gaw :) ....... I'll post a winner shortly after we reach that 1000th page.

Here is my first a 79 Montana Workhorse Whittler in natural micarta! Fitting as I live in Montana now :)

BCxyR9O.jpg

The gaw knife will be a surprise but certainly a gec ;)

This place never ceases to amaze me, such great folks and Josh is one of the best! Thank you again!

Went to the mailbox today and unbeknownst to me Ibhad a package waiting, no name on the return address. I opened the box and to my surprise I was looking at and holding the first GEC I had ever owned! I'll save ya from the entire story but I have a huge smile on my face :)

This thread has been a lot of fun over the years and I love how it flows in and out of topics. It is about to reach 1000 pages / 10,000 posts! A true statement of the love for these knives. When we do hit that milestone, anyone that has posted in this thread is automatically entered into a gaw :) ....... I'll post a winner shortly after we reach that 1000th page.

Here is my first a 79 Montana Workhorse Whittler in natural micarta! Fitting as I live in Montana now :)

BCxyR9O.jpg

The gaw knife will be a surprise but certainly a gec ;)
I've always admired those 79's, they have an interesting selection of blades.

Back