Lets talk GEC!

Oh, we may be getting both a #74 and #47 and the painting indicates that viper is coming after stallion!

Now that I think of it, previous run of #35 was named Churchill. Following one, endorsing sausages and beer should be named after famous german statesman, Bismarck.
Or Hitler or Goebbels or Himmler....but that is possibly the worst idea Ive ever had.:eek::D

35 bar tool with something else on the 35

47 Viper

?

end8.jpg

Oh, we may be getting both a #74 and #47 and the painting indicates that viper is coming after stallion!

Now that I think of it, previous run of #35 was named Churchill. Following one, endorsing sausages and beer should be named after famous german statesman, Bismarck.
I think it probably was not named after Winston Churchill, but rather after the cigar (as was the #68 and the#53). Granted, I think the Churchill cigar is connected to the great Prime Minister. But, still, I think it's all about the cigars with these cigar patterns.

This place never ceases to amaze me, such great folks and Josh is one of the best! Thank you again!

Went to the mailbox today and unbeknownst to me Ibhad a package waiting, no name on the return address. I opened the box and to my surprise I was looking at and holding the first GEC I had ever owned! I'll save ya from the entire story but I have a huge smile on my face :)

This thread has been a lot of fun over the years and I love how it flows in and out of topics. It is about to reach 1000 pages / 10,000 posts! A true statement of the love for these knives. When we do hit that milestone, anyone that has posted in this thread is automatically entered into a gaw :) ....... I'll post a winner shortly after we reach that 1000th page.

Here is my first a 79 Montana Workhorse Whittler in natural micarta! Fitting as I live in Montana now :)

BCxyR9O.jpg

The gaw knife will be a surprise but certainly a gec ;)
Awesome. What production year?

I think it probably was not named after Winston Churchill, but rather after the cigar (as was the #68 and the#53). Granted, I think the Churchill cigar is connected to the great Prime Minister. But, still, I think it's all about the cigars with these cigar patterns.

Thank you. I am not a smoker and thus I possess next to no knowledge on tobacco products. It never occurred to me that White Owl or Churchill are the brands of cigars.

iu

Closest I could find ;)

iu

Wouldn't mind getting my teeth into some of these and using a GEC knife to help out. Perhaps a 35 of some kind-not the comb sort-or a small GEC fixed?

There are two snakes in the clues... one a cobra and the other a Rattler/Viper (?).
Looks like the cobra is following the chef. Maybe a cobra themed #35? What might that mean?

Notice that the cobra is a silhouette. I believe everything else is a red herring.

silhouette is a word that comes from Étienne de Silhouette (1709–67), French author and politician. You might be tempted to say, “well then it will be a congress pen knife”, but I say hold on a second...

take the word “author”, swap in an “r” and a “u” and it becomes the proper noun Arthur. Who do we know who’s a famous Arthur? You see where this is going...

obviously they are not producing swords, so you’ve probably guessed it’s related to Sir Lancelot. Drop the “lot” and we see “Lance”, but probably the verb and not the noun. To lance. Well a melon tester would be a good guess, as it sure spears melons, but that would be too obvious. Instead we will consider it a medical term. Yes. A Doctors knife.

but on what frame? Well that is obvious. “Silhouette Cobra” has 14 letters. It will be a #14 doctors knife.

you guys are so smart, I’m surprised I had to spell that out for you! :D

Notice that the cobra is a silhouette. I believe everything else is a red herring.

silhouette is a word that comes from Étienne de Silhouette (1709–67), French author and politician. You might be tempted to say, “well then it will be a congress pen knife”, but I say hold on a second...

take the word “author”, swap in an “r” and a “u” and it becomes the proper noun Arthur. Who do we know who’s a famous Arthur? You see where this is going...

obviously they are not producing swords, so you’ve probably guessed it’s related to Sir Lancelot. Drop the “lot” and we see “Lance”, but probably the verb and not the noun. To lance. Well a melon tester would be a good guess, as it sure spears melons, but that would be too obvious. Instead we will consider it a medical term. Yes. A Doctors knife.

but on what frame? Well that is obvious. “Silhouette Cobra” has 14 letters. It will be a #14 doctors knife.

Like I said spot on.:p

Let's face it, the time being what it is, what we need is a doctor knife.

Dan.

I said it ! But at random.
Your démonstration is admirable in relevance and culture. Thanks.

Dan.

I'm interested in seeing how GEC handles the "normal" runs coming up - cover options, number made, etc. I've recently lucked out with the Mudbug and Conductor drops but I hope things normalize and it's a bit easier to get a knife.

I would really like to add a smooth white bone covered knife to my arsenal, I'm thinking that could be a classy look on a 35, 47, or 74. Maybe this week they'll update the production schedule or at least announce what's after the 35 Bar Tool Knife. It should be a good finish to a pretty crummy year.

I believe that the cobra will be a new pattern that they haven't done before.
We know the others are most likely the 47 &74.

I feel like those latest clues are for the cover options on the 35. Appaloosa, snakewood, and something else. Or maybe it is hinting at a new jig pattern? Cobra jig. haha.

Back