Let's talk Northwoods

I do like the Toothpick and that big ol' clip blade is inviting...but looks like another sabre grind. I knew early on that I had to pick my battles when collecting and chose not to fight the NW battle :) Anxious to see what other materials will be offered though. Good luck to those on the front-line!

I was hoping for a 93 Northwoods. Looks almost certain not to happen since they ran a Northwoods 12. Oh well, good timing for me. Save up some funds for Sebenza 31.

Ugh, Jigged wood?? I would have been excited about Jigged Bone, or smooth wood. Haven’t been impressed by Northwoods choice of handle materials in a while.
Agreed. Northwood's vision since Derrick's untimely passing has been lacking.

Kind of harsh just because thier choices don't suit you.

He's just stating his opinion and 'lacking' doesn't seem that harsh to me.

I know I've read much harsher criticisms of both NW knives and other knives on this and other sites.

He's just stating his opinion and 'lacking' doesn't seem that harsh to me.

I know I've read much harsher criticisms of both NW knives and other knives on this and other sites.
Cool, harsh is my opinion. All good. I hope everyone get a knife today that wants one. I also hope they make a little something for everyone in the future, even the harsh and not so harsh critics. ;)

I think the jigged wood looks fantastic with this particular knife, rich and classy. Happy to have just scored one. The bone variations were beautiful as well but the stress of trying for those is almost too much for me as they disappear before your eyes lol. Best of luck to all!

I think the jigged wood looks fantastic with this particular knife, rich and classy. Happy to have just scored one. The bone variations were beautiful as well but the stress of trying for those is almost too much for me as they disappear before your eyes lol. Best of luck to all!
I have to agree about the jigged wood, @dispactch184. On this particular patten, I think traditional cover materials is the way to go. The micarta actually looks a little silly to me, like someone went back in time and tried to put radial tires on a stage coach :D. The jigged wood is the Belle of the Ball, IMO. While intriguing, ultimately the kudu doesn't do anything for me. Jigged bone and woods belong on this pattern. Maybe smooth bone, too. An interesting offering from Northwoods. I think it might be hard to imagine how a knife will look when ordering, before production has even started, so I empathize. But I think this run missed the mark (except for that jigged wood, of course!).

Last edited:
Oh excuse me sir, hold my beer MCar MCar

Gp8GBD3.jpg

Back