Let's talk Northwoods

Well I got a shock. I scored a Kudo Bone. I listened to all the Dis, and decided that I was only going to try for the Kudo Bone. The bit about the Saber Grind meant little to me. I like it’s look. Most of my knives are for collecting. I felt that there were precious few with Kudo Bone. In the end, for me this was about aesthetics, not use.

Suppose it’s all in how you define hit or miss, selling through all your inventory in a matter of minutes sounds like a hit to me.

We agree on the micarta, radials on a stage coach made me laugh.

Harsh? Hardly.

But if the truth is "harsh," then so be it. If you're bothered by that, a discussion board probably isn't the right place for you.
Your truth. Never been bothered. Congrats to everyone who scored beautiful knives

Well I got a shock. I scored a Kudo Bone. I listened to all the Dis, and decided that I was only going to try for the Kudo Bone. The bit about the Saber Grind meant little to me. I like it’s look. Most of my knives are for collecting. I felt that there were precious few with Kudo Bone. In the end, for me this was about aesthetics, not use.

I don't love the saber, but I have a kudu bone bear lake that is gorgeous. It still cuts stuff.

@dispatch184
I agree with you about the jigged wood Drew but I figured as long as I was there why not take a look at the bone. I managed to score the cherrywood and by that time I felt like a bullfighter with no where to run. I got sniped a few times but did manage to grab one. We'll see if it's a keeper. I have a good feeling about the wood though.

I also agree that the jigged wood looks best on this knife. Got one in a rush but they stayed up longer than micarta. I had the kudo bone shown in the Seconds photo in my cart, but checkout froze and I lost it. Nice vintage vibes to it.

Managed to grab a jigged Cherry today. Love this pattern and have tried the Case and Queen versions but neither hit the mark for me do to fit and finish issues. I like the angular, rustic blade on this one and to me it looks good both open and closed. Many knives look better closed than open but this one is just right.

I held off on the tx toothpick run. But now I’m gunning for my first NW giraffe bone. Hope a lot sit this one out so I can grab one.

How did the Giraffe hunting go? I was tied up with work today. Did they have a decent selection of multiple colors, did they as quick as the others?

Oh excuse me sir, hold my beer MCar MCar

Gp8GBD3.jpg
Alright, kaput kaput , I'll give you this....yours is the exception that proves the rule (I've actually never understood that saying, haha sounds like something you spit out when you're proved wrong :D).

Really beautiful knife from the pic. Can't wait to see you post some new pics soon. :thumbsup:

How did the Giraffe hunting go? I was tied up with work today. Did they have a decent selection of multiple colors, did they as quick as the others?

I was able to get a break right before 4p so I was excited... but no giraffe for me.
I tried for 4 different ones, all 4 taken before my PayPal went though. So I decided to look at kudu and I scored a beauty. Oh well- to be honest I’m not too sure about this pattern so I’d rather have giraffe in a hands down keeper like a Lincoln jack or Fremont.

I think they had a great selection of giraffe and kudu. Both had great colors from the few seconds you get to actually choose anyway.

Here’s the one I scored :

AWqD4bh.jpg

RF39zAI.jpg

I was able to get a break right before 4p so I was excited... but no giraffe for me.
I tried for 4 different ones, all 4 taken before my PayPal went though. So I decided to look at kudu and I scored a beauty. Oh well- to be honest I’m not too sure about this pattern so I’d rather have giraffe in a hands down keeper like a Lincoln jack or Fremont.

I think they had a great selection of giraffe and kudu. Both had great colors from the few seconds you get to actually choose anyway.

Here’s the one I scored :

AWqD4bh.jpg

RF39zAI.jpg
Congratulations. I think it’s beautiful.

Back