Let's talk Northwoods

This isn't intended to start a political drama, but some things I was reading earlier this year makes me think giraffe bone is going to go the way of Elephant Ivory pretty soon.

I'd be interested in reading up on this if you remember your sources.

I'd be interested in reading up on this if you remember your sources.

Just google 'giraffe endangered species list'. Fish & Wildlife are currently reviewing it and they were just added to CITES Appendix II. Might take a few years but it's coming.

Nice score! I could have sworn I had that one in my cart but when I looked later, it turned out to be this one:

I barely had that order finished when I opened up a new page and somehow managed to get this one as well.

My third attempt was for an Ironwood but I was too slow!

Congrats to everyone who got a knife!

This isn't intended to start a political drama, but some things I was reading earlier this year makes me think giraffe bone is going to go the way of Elephant Ivory pretty soon.

Well done. Sometimes you get lucky and click on the one that nobody else has in their cart. I love that Appaloosa Giraffe. Looks like it has a few different layers of "splatters" across it.

I have to say that the 92 frame makes for the nicest Northwoods release that I've seen in quite some time. The bare head configuration, paired with the bohncliffe, is reminiscent of the Talon from a few years back.

Very nice indeed, I may have to keep an eye on the secondary market.

I have to say that the 92 frame makes for the nicest Northwoods release that I've seen in quite some time. The bare head configuration, paired with the bohncliffe, is reminiscent of the Talon from a few years back.

Very nice indeed, I may have to keep an eye on the secondary market.
Talon on steroids :D

"Bohncliffe"
That made me smile. The man did love those sabregrind wharnys with unpolished heat treat flats.
But for the polished flats, he would have approved of this years Forum Knife.

I was able to save my images using my browser history.

northwoods-ocoee-jack-desert-ironwood-43-15847-1572980378.jpg

Last edited:
Starting to wish I had gone for an Ironwood before the second giraffe...... might have to offer one up for trade but we'll see after they arrive. Those ironwood ones look really good! I wish the links had been left so I could have perused the whole lot at my leisure.

I thought you weren't able to buy more than one of the same handle material. Did they ship both?

Starting to wish I had gone for an Ironwood before the second giraffe...... might have to offer one up for trade but we'll see after they arrive. Those ironwood ones look really good! I wish the links had been left so I could have perused the whole lot at my leisure.
Not a lot of sympathy for someone who got 2 when so many got 0.

My theory on why the pictures were taken down so quickly is to prevent flippers from posting items they don't have yet. Just a theory.

Back