Let's talk Northwoods

What's the eta? I'm always curious as to why these don't drop on Monday so more people get them by the end of the week and not have to suffer the weekend lol

I skipped the last few releases because if I'm buying a single blade knife, I want a blade with some belly. I wasn't absolutely sure I was going to go for it this time, but then I got caught up in the excitement and scored a mammoth. This will be my first Northwoods, and I'm eager to see how it stacks up against the hype.

What's the eta? I'm always curious as to why these don't drop on Monday so more people get them by the end of the week and not have to suffer the weekend lol

Last time they shipped on a Wednesday and made it to my door by Saturday. That's to Seattle though. Not sure where your at and if the next storm is going to effect its shipping time.

Mammoth is pretty tuff. I treat it harder than I do bone. IME, it’s teally tuff and never looses its color.

It’s lasted a really long time out in the elements - what is one going to do that’s harder than that?

Mammoth is pretty tuff. I treat it harder than I do bone. IME, it’s teally tuff and never looses its color.

It’s lasted a really long time out in the elements - what is one going to do that’s harder than that?
Tire iron , Hammer , chisel .
You know just light duty :D

Had to throw one more picture up of my precious LoL as she’s starting to head my way :)
MYZw0JX.jpg

I like it, Side note... Did you guys notice the one that was "black" mammoth ivory on Ebay??? I wish i would've noticed it when i was buying mine

I like it, Side note... Did you guys notice the one that was "black" mammoth ivory on Ebay??? I wish i would've noticed it when i was buying mine
I really don't understand, that imparticular. When I saw the black mammoth bone I just thought you could save a hundred dollars and it looked just like the black linen micarta...

I really don't understand, that imparticular. When I saw the black mammoth bone I just thought you could save a hundred dollars and it looked just like the black linen micarta...

I thought the same thing. That one on eBay sold by the way.. $575.

I don’t think it sold for the 575$ the price was crossed out which I think means the seller took an offer not at full price. But still, it was probably close.

There have been a lot of comments on the bolster. Too small to be a barlow bolster, to large to just be a normal bolster. I wonder if it is basically just a Little Bay bolster which was 'barlow-ish" on the smaller knife but not quite on the larger

There have been a lot of comments on the bolster. Too small to be a barlow bolster, to large to just be a normal bolster. I wonder if it is basically just a Little Bay bolster which was 'barlow-ish" on the smaller knife but not quite on the larger
I've been wondering the same thing. I have a Little Bay but no Big Bay to compare it to.

I think it’s actually a NorthWoods bolster by design ;)
And 3 or 4 pages of them were sold out in minutes.So I have a hunch but keep in mind it’s just a hunch . I think many folks liked them :D
And a few that missed out really really don’t like them and few jumped on the I don’t like them either wagon lol :p Just saying ;)

Back