Let's talk Northwoods

I think it’s actually a NorthWoods bolster by design ;)
And 3 or 4 pages of them were sold out in minutes.So I have a hunch but keep in mind it’s just a hunch . I think many folks liked them :D
And a few that missed out really really don’t like them and few jumped on the I don’t like them either wagon lol :p Just saying ;)

Or it could also possibly be the people who did buy them trying to convince themselves that it’s not the dumbest bolster ever. :p:D;)

Looks like my Mammoth little big Bolster that could should be arriving before the weekend :thumbsup:
I’ll be sure to post a picture ........
For all you bolster lovers :p:D

Last edited:
Or it could also possibly be the people who did buy them trying to convince themselves that it’s not the dumbest bolster ever. :p:D;)
Absolutely not because there were 4 pages of us .
I suspect it’s purely envy :D;):p:thumbsup:
I don't think it's that. The talk was going on before the release. It's just not traditional, in the traditional sense of the word. But some like it, it was pretty obvious it would sell out, regardless.

*And for sure it looks like a stretched out little bay.

There have been a lot of comments on the bolster. Too small to be a barlow bolster, to large to just be a normal bolster. I wonder if it is basically just a Little Bay bolster which was 'barlow-ish" on the smaller knife but not quite on the larger
I think this is the case as well. Does anyone know if the bolster on the 25 barlow is the same size as the little bay? If so I can compare it to the 25 I got my daughter. I think mine will be here tomorrow.

I don't think it's that. The talk was going on before the release. It's just not traditional, in the traditional sense of the word. But some like it, it was pretty obvious it would sell out, regardless.

*And for sure it looks like a stretched out little bay.
Looks like a 78 to me more then a little bay .
It’s all good the folks that got them like them and some that didn’t don’t . Different strokes for different folks .
When the observations started or ended
Really makes no difference to me lol .
Those that have them enjoy and those that don’t enjoy lol :)

I think this is the case as well. Does anyone know if the bolster on the 25 barlow is the same size as the little bay? If so I can compare it to the 25 I got my daughter. I think mine will be here tomorrow.
They are the same size.

Looks like a 78 to me more then a little bay .

I think the names were just based on the fact both are un-equal end knives with round ends so simply little and big. The big is a #78 for sure, the little I am guessing is a #25. I had a #25 which just felt too small, the #78 fite my hand well and I love the rustic red micarta which is odd as I really prefer natural scale materials. At least between Northwoods and the GEC line ups there is always something for everyone

I think the names were just based on the fact both are un-equal end knives with round ends so simply little and big. The big is a #78 for sure, the little I am guessing is a #25. I had a #25 which just felt too small, the #78 fite my hand well and I love the rustic red micarta which is odd as I really prefer natural scale materials. At least between Northwoods and the GEC line ups there is always something for everyone

I named it. Page 39 post 762 :rolleyes:

Could be just an illusion but the 25 bolster looks wider from spine to blade well than the Big Bay bolster.

Nice Northwoods!

When my Northwoods arrives I’ll try to do a side by side comparison with 78’s .
But I don’t have to many of those ;):D
ipc01Yz.jpg

I get the names Big Bay & Little Bay after receiving the Big Bay. Bolster is the same as the Little Bay. I like it even more now in hand for the similarities of its ‘little brother.’

My fit and finish is top notch on my giraffe and mammoth Big Bay. The blade is a huge win for me and I much prefer this size rustic clip than the Little Bay or Lincoln Jack. Another stellar run from KSF.

Decisions...

191A17DC-637B-4C2F-B69E-2D01DD1386A1.jpeg 75BA2DC3-B06A-49F8-A4D1-EEC189A38C08.jpeg

Nice.... Tough call if you're trying to decide which one to keep. I like them both!!

My Mammoth Big Bay should be here this evening.

Back