Let's talk Northwoods

blanco112 blanco112 I think after time the pull will get snappy . Every one I ever had with some flushing and use really came around to nice walk and talk .
Just enjoy it and you’ll be pleasantly supprised in the near future :thumbsup:
Beautiful stag btw !!
Thanks. I'm more impressed with it in person than I was with the photos on KSF.

I do believe the action will get better. Reminds me of how my BF TC barlow was. It's still very soft but fairly consistent.

Hard to tell for sure by just seeing pictures. But the "smoke" burlap is ultimately the color brown correct?
I have only seen images, but that’s what it looks like to me. I just scored one off the exchange, so I can be more certain.

Mine just arrived and love it !
pa6zFLF.jpg

I used to own a first run Fremont and should've never let it go, but you know how it goes. You want something else so you tell yourself you have to sell something first. Thinking like that is over for me now!

I decided to keep mine and use it. From a visual standpoint, I'd like the blade to be on the smaller end of the handle like the GEC 78s and I was thinking of trading it for a different Northwoods model, but man, I love how easy the blade is to pinch open. The pull is perfect for me and the snap doesn't seem lazy at all. It could be sharper, but that's easy enough to fix. I also really like the matte texture of the micarta. Into pocket she goes.

27935197007_33b0f566a8_c.jpg

I decided to keep mine and use it. From a visual standpoint, I'd like the blade to be on the smaller end of the handle like the GEC 78s and I was thinking of trading it for a different Northwoods model, but man, I love how easy the blade is to pinch open. The pull is perfect for me and the snap doesn't seem lazy at all. It could be sharper, but that's easy enough to fix. I also really like the matte texture of the micarta. Into pocket she goes.

27935197007_33b0f566a8_c.jpg
That's a great picture of a great-looking knife, AT!

EDIT: Yours too, cigarrodog!

The new Fremont looks to have a slightly bigger arrowhead shield than recent Northwoods runs. Or is it just me?

When i received mine it was very gritty and in need of a good flush. After good lube and some action. The snap was real nice and so was the close.
When I first got mine it actually would hang up and not close . Was told it was a little lazy lol . Anyway I wasn’t concerned because most of the time they’ll break in nicely . Plus I’d rather have them a little tight at first anyway just not that tight we’re they need assistance to close .
But it’s all good now and very very happy with it .

Back