Let's talk Northwoods

Myself, I like the more consistent blue finish like on the Bullnose.
1iH57kB.jpg

Dang, I'd forgotten they'd run the Bull Nose in Denim Micarta. I think I passed at the time because, personally, I don't like the faded/frayed looking Denim Micarta I'd seen on other knives. But I agree with you, Mark, that one looks nice! :thumbsup:

I did manage to get on KSF's site yesterday and snag what will be my first Northwoods knife, one of the Madison Barlows in jigged bone.

Dang, I'd forgotten they'd run the Bull Nose in Denim Micarta. I think I passed at the time because, personally, I don't like the faded/frayed looking Denim Micarta I'd seen on other knives. But I agree with you, Mark, that one looks nice! :thumbsup:

I did manage to get on KSF's site yesterday and snag what will be my first Northwoods knife, one of the Madison Barlows in jigged bone.
I like the variations of denim. I definitley prefer the light or acid styled denim. But I like the dark too, just not as much.

Pro tip; use alcohol wipes if you want lighter looking denim. Or, apply mineral oil for darker look.

Picked up a Fayette Jack in black micarta and a madison in cocobolo. First northwoods so I'm absolutely pumped.
Congrats. I got the cocobolo too. Also the fayette Jack is a really cool Northwoods imo. I really like mines!

Pro tip; use alcohol wipes if you want lighter looking denim. Or, apply mineral oil for darker look.

I imagine it behaves about like the Natural Canvas Micarta, which I'll put a little mineral oil on anytime they seem to dry out (happens more with my little GEC H20 fixed blade because of the sheath). Darkens and smooths it back out.

I imagine it behaves about like the Natural Canvas Micarta, which I'll put a little mineral oil on anytime they seem to dry out (happens more with my little GEC H20 fixed blade because of the sheath). Darkens and smooths it back out.
Yep. That too. And if it’s micarta, using the alcohol wipes will give the white edges and highlights ;) in denim especially.

:thumbsup: Thanks, Barrett.

Glad to hear you could get one! The jigged bone looked very nice. I just love the drop point blade on these Madison barlows in any handle.:) I hope you will like yours as much!

I'm surprised they haven't done a sheepfoot Madison. Would be interesting.
The creative force behind Northwoods not being with us any longer may limit the imaginative knives we got to enjoy going forward. One of the reasons I picked up one of these drop point Barlows is because it was Derick's favorite.

If it's not broke, don't fix it??

Then we might only have knapped stone knives...

The creative force behind Northwoods not being with us any longer may limit the imaginative knives we got to enjoy going forward. One of the reasons I picked up one of these drop point Barlows is because it was Derick's favorite.

That was part of my thought also.

Knife looks great. Sheaths not my fave, anyone want to trade for the ones that came with the bear lakes hit me up ;)

Knife looks big! I like those stamped bolsters they do

That Appaloosa is purdy and I am happy with the Cocobolo and Natural Micarta that I have on the way, but, I wish they had done a saw cut bone cover and a clip point. How many runs did they do with the clip point balde, one?

That Appaloosa is purdy and I am happy with the Cocobolo and Natural Micarta that I have on the way, but, I wish they had done a saw cut bone cover and a clip point. How many runs did they do with the clip point balde, one?
Not sure if it was one or more. Although the clip is a bit of a novelty, I think they are right to go drop point heavy. It's definitely the best looking blade profile with this frame. Still, I agree, it would be great to see a run of clips, just for variety. :thumbsup:

To my surprise this was in the mail box today! Basically perfect fit and finish they did a nice job on these. Pivot still needs breaking in but I think it’ll be around a 7 pull. Definitely stronger than the 43s. Gotta alot of snow last night and it’s 13 degrees so this is the best I could do
blSY1Hr.jpg
WF1d6m7.jpg
CBFvu9j.jpg

Back