Life is dayumed sure an adventure... Kinda long and a Rant!

Smoke & Prayers needed & requested.:( Sorry in advance for any rambling as this is a difficult story to tell.

Well the last time I was here with an update on Stella I had to tell all of you that she had lied too me about her cancer among other things. Since then Stella has told me several more lies mostly about her and the kid's health and how bad her husband had turned lately.
Stella told me that she was taking care of herself when she wasn't.:grumpy: :(
In telling me how badly her husband D had turned on her it was Stella that had turned on him and basically ran him off, telling him too leave.
Evidently Stella went off the deep end and I doubt that she knew truth from all the lies.
Stella had got online and met a fellow in another state and within three or four emails she told him how much she loved him.:rolleyes:
Stella denied all of this too me when I had the copies of her emails right in front of me.:( :grumpy:
To help shorten the story basically Stella invited this guy to move to Florida and move in with her, which he did.
This all happened in a very short time.

J the middle child had tried to commit suicide and failed thanks to D and when Stella ran Dallas off he took J with him and he has been fine every since.
Jessica is starting public school again real soon.
And M, the oldest boy may be going in the military very soon, the best thing that could happen to him!

I haven't mentioned here lately what Stella was telling me because I didn't know what was true or not but unfortunately it mostly was the truth.
Stella told me that she had a brain tumor, remains to be seen, but her arteries going to her brain was badly blocked and she went in for surgery about three weeks ago, she did have a stroke earlier this year.
Instead of giving someone responsible and who knew her enough to know her mind on certain things she gave her power of attorney too this character who had moved in with her and an Internet buddy she has never met.:(

D just called me a while ago with the latest news. Stella has been paralyzed on her right side since the surgery and has been in rehab ever since. She can say, Yes, No, What, and Ouch and that's the extent of her vocabulary.:( D said that her insurance was going to run out in about another three weeks and then she will have to go into a nursing home and the state will have to take care of her, probably on Social Security Disability.
I guess when you think something is bad wrong with you long enough that it's sort of like praying for it and you have to be careful what you pray for or you just might get it. Stella finally does have something seriously wrong with her.:( :(

Wow. I'm terribly, terribly sorry to hear of the misfortunes befalling yourself and your loved ones. Words seem to fall short at times like this.:(

Prayers from Alaska tonight.

A broken heart comes with this news... Sorry to hear, Yvsa, and let me know if I can do anything.

Mike

Yvsa my friend I make no excuses made for this womans behavior . she must be cared for so that she may return to health and care for her kids . It is evident that while she may have their best interests at heart her mind is not capable of thinking of their true needs .

I am sure a power of attorney signed under the duress of illness is not binding. That is easy to say .

I feel you must distance yourself emotionally to see this clearly . I am not asking you to be cold , only objective . That is a hard row for you to hoe for sure .

No matter what smoke will go up tonite .

I'm so sorry to hear of your family's troubles. Smoke sent for them, and for you. Take care! :(

Yvsa my friend I make no excuses made for this womans behavior .

I feel you must distance yourself emotionally to see this clearly . I am not asking you to be cold , only objective . That is a hard row for you to hoe for sure .

No matter what smoke will go up tonite .

Kevin, Stella is my adopted daughter. I cannot distance myself from her.:(
My exwife and I got Stella when she was six years old and as cute as a bug.:)

Yvsa, what can we say? Perhaps her odd behavior was itself caused by dementia created by either the tumor, the stroke, or her meds. Which is to say, that some of these poor decisions may have been made by someone who had less then full control of her falculties.

There is nothing worse then dealing with a family member who has lost touch with the real world. I hope the person you once knew can find their way back to you.

n2s

Smoke going up for both Stella and Jessica Yvsa

May it be as you ask.

I don't know what to say...so sad.
Do you know how Jessica is doing?

Prayers out for all involved.

Yvsa I am very sorry to hear of this. I will pray for all involved, including you, my friend. Smoke up from Atlanta.

I'm so very sorry to hear this:( Smoke and prayers for you and yours.

Jake

That's terrible to hear. I extend my sympathies and wish you good luck. You should talk to an attorney about the POA, if you have concerns about what this guy is doing. There are procedures for becoming the guardian for an adult who is incapacitated. He might be ready to cut and run now, this probably wasn't what he figured he was getting into.

Back