Life is dayumed sure an adventure... Kinda long and a Rant!

Yvsa,
I'm so sorry. Smoke and prayers from the East.

It's a wonder that we survive raising our children, whatever the age.

Steve

Prayers going out from Wyoming. I've seen personally what a brain tumor will do to somebody's behaivor... and Stella's actions mirror some of what my friend was doing. It sounds like J and M are doing better though... so all is not totally lost.

Hang in there bro...

Alan

Kevin, Stella is my adopted daughter. I cannot distance myself from her.:(
My exwife and I got Stella when she was six years old and as cute as a bug.:)

Its a hard thing I suggest and a thing I do not always agree with . Some people even say it is a type of disassociation . I,ll try to word it in another manner .

Read the jist of what you have written to us about your daughter . What would you advise a man in your position ? This certainly wouldn,t make you cold. It may make you see this in a new light . You may see a solution instead of the problem.

The last thing which is the hard part is to reintergrate your objective insight with your emotions . It is all too easy to disect a problem into its factors and reassemble it leaving out that which does not suit us .

It won,t make the application of your possible insight any easier . What I see is that she cannot be relied upon as the only guardian of the children . She must be made to see this . Can you present the husband as a viable alternative to the Net nut ? The rest my friend is up to you and those around you that can help .

Prayers for your family.
Strokes can be overcome- just think of Patricia Neal. Stella has some real stuff to think about. Maybe if she overcomes the physical, she can do that too.

munk

Among the three things I admire most about my own mother is her unselfish love, her unperturbable patience, and her unwavering faith. She has better weapons and armor to face this world than I do, but I'm learning.

We really can't control what others do, or many of the things that may happen to us, but believe me we are far from helpless.

Smoke and prayer from your friend to the south.

Sarge

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes, Smoke and Prayers!!!!:thumbup: :)

Dallas told me so much last night that I couldn't remember it all at once when I wrote the post. The stroke is the least of Stella's worries though. I don't know whether it is true or not but Stella told me she was going to need surgery on both sides of her neck to open the blood supply to her brain completely. I haven't confirmed that with Dallas as yet but I will but from Stella's problems I do believe she was telling me the truth this time and does need surgery on both sides.
I called Dallas back last night and told him about filing for the SSDI for Stella and he said he already had a couple of weeks ago. When Stella gets on Medicare parts A & B she will have insurance for any other surgeries she may need.
Dallas also told me that Stella was on a feeding tube and that it was her wishes that she never have her life extended by artificial means and if it was up to Dallas, which it may be sooner or later he will have her taken off of it with my blessing's. I also don't want a feeding tube or other means of life support so I respect anyone else's wishes that are the same, or not.
I have the hospital's phone number and Dallas had me put on the contact list even though he has kept me well informed. I'd like to talk to Stella's Dr. but with the Dr. Patient Confidentiality Code there wouldn't be anything he could tell me unless I had power of attorney and that's not liable to happen.
As I learn or know more I'll keep y'all posted.
It's sure as hell a helpless feeling and especially with being so far away.:( :grumpy:
Stella is just damned lucky to have had a man like Dallas in her life and still doing what he can for her. He's a helluva lot more gracious than I would be if I were in his shoes!:thumbup: :cool: :)

Where to start?.....First and foremost, prayers from Indiana will continue. I have a mentally ill brother in law that has kept my wife's family in one up roar after another for years. Over a year ago I accidently spotted a malignant melanoma on his neck, and as it turned out, saved his life. Now a couple of my sisters in law don't want to talk to me, because the joker's still in the deck. This is of course a No Win situation....but I wouldn't have played it any differently if I could. Surely, your feelings are much the same. Love many, help those as you can, and pray for patience. God bless you, Yvsa

Yvsa, my friend, you are in my thoughts and prayers. The more you write the more trajic this becomes. I am trying to send as much positive energy your way as my little heart can send. This situation makes all my concerns seem stupid and petty. I hesitate to even post them. I am with you brother. Keep your head up, and be sure to take care of YOU too.

I'm so sorry, Yvsa. You know you're not alone in this. Please, know that I will be sending smoke from Iowa and thinking of you and yours often. Hang in there, hang in here, an we're all here for you.

Chris

Back