Lifesharp question

So I sent in my beloved mini grip for a broken omega spring repair. Nice lady on the phone said 12-15 day wait time plus shipping time. Yikes!! Oh well I have a handful of other Benchmade's to carry in the meantime. Seems like benchmade is getting more popular the past couple of years. Just out of curiosity I wonder how many knives they receive in a day/week for lifesharp or repair service? And also when I watch the videos I notice the assemblers "tap" the blade on a table. Why is this? Just curious. This is not a complaint in any way. I love benchmade as a company and the products they make. They have some of the best cs I have experienced.

I've yet to send one of mine in to them, but I'm getting ready to here in the next few days. Did I read it right that there is no charge you just have to pay shipping?

I've yet to send one of mine in to them, but I'm getting ready to here in the next few days. Did I read it right that there is no charge you just have to pay shipping?

Just ship the knife to them and they will take care of the rest. We are not required to pay for return shipping. But I still throw a $5 bill into the box because I really appreciate the service they offer.

I do the same. A good deed deserves a little extra cash from time to time. Their warranty service remains impressive. May it remain a feature of every Benchmade that ships out to us.

I just got my 556-1 back from the Lifesharp service. I sent it in because the centering was off and the action was a little stiff. The edge, while even and very sharp was pretty rough. Still a great little knife, but that stuff was bugging me, after all the -1 variants are supposed to have superior fit and finish, etc. My other Benchmade is a Ritter Mini Grip and that knife is just perfect in terms of grind, action, centering and lock up, so I know what is possible with an Axis knife. Anyway I sent it in. It took about 2-3 weeks to get it back. I am so impressed with this service, they addressed and solved every single issue including a bunch of stuff I had not mentioned. Here's what they did: Replaced clip, screws, axis lock, omega springs, blade(for better centering), cleaned, adjusted oiled and sharpened. There was no charge for any of this. The knife is now perfect and I am now a Benchmade customer for life!

The tapping during assembly is to ensure all of the components are properly seated before the final pivot adjustment. If a component is slightly bound up when you adjust the pivot you may get some play after the components finally settle.

So I sent in my beloved mini grip for a broken omega spring repair. Nice lady on the phone said 12-15 day wait time plus shipping time. Yikes!! Oh well I have a handful of other Benchmade's to carry in the meantime. Seems like benchmade is getting more popular the past couple of years. Just out of curiosity I wonder how many knives they receive in a day/week for lifesharp or repair service? And also when I watch the videos I notice the assemblers "tap" the blade on a table. Why is this? Just curious. This is not a complaint in any way. I love benchmade as a company and the products they make. They have some of the best cs I have experienced.
What videos are you referring to? I'm interested in checking this out.

What videos are you referring to? I'm interested in checking this out.
One very quick shot of an assembler tapping on a table in the factory to field video on their YouTube channel. And I believe I've seen them do it on some of their Facebook videos as well.

I have sent several in for the Lifesharp service. They always come back with a very nice edge, and I also like how they go through the knife and replace the hardware including the pocket clip. I just wish they used a guided sharpener.

Back