Recommendation? Light Weight, folding knife with window breaker

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Supbrahh, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Supbrahh

Supbrahh

Jul 14, 2016
    So... As the title suggests.

I'm looking for just that, color doesn't matter at all. Looking for "light weight" but if its really good quality I can choose one that weighs more. Specifically looking for something with a window breaker tip. Budget around 150-200 dollars. Already looked at Smith&Wesson but I need more options than that.

Any tips?

btw when I say light weight I'm talking around 3.5-4 oz

2. Gunther85

Gunther85

Dec 17, 2016
    Dpx hest/f urban, or or protech tr4 manual

3. barmettlerjosh

barmettlerjosh

Jun 16, 2016
    Benchmade triage it has a glass breaker and strap cutter it is a little bit heavy at 5oz but it has a lot of knife for 5oz

TheEdge01 likes this.
  4. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Check out that Pro Tech recommended above!
    Amazing knife!!

5. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Other than those already mentioned the Spyderco Assist is an amazing knife. It has a retractable glass breaker that pops out the butt of the knife when you squeeze on the spine of the knife with the blade closed.

6. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    Check out Boker Plus Tech Tool City 1 (that's a single blade), they have other models with other tools/blades.
    Rich

madcap_magician likes this.
  7. strategy9

strategy9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Lionsteel sr2-a is right in your price range, comes in multiple colors, great knife, solid steel (sleipner), and weighs 3.75 oz.

Word is the pointy pivot screw tip doubles as a glass breaker, though i haven't seen it done or try it myself (yet), I suspect it would work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  8. TennToadsticker

TennToadsticker

Jan 5, 2011
    All of Cold Steel AK-47 series are equipped w glass breaker.

9. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    Some of the Kershaw Blurs come with a glass breaker. They are decent knives that are way under your budget.

10. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    The Cold Steel AK 47 would be a very solid choice. Well within your budget.

11. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    DPX Hest Urban Folder fits all your criteria but one, it is $10 over your price range. Here is one of the ones we customized with Stars and Stripes!

[​IMG]

12. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I thought it was a little random that this little slipjoint has a glass breaker, but it does. It's like $25 or something like that. SUPER light weight. Fit and finish is decent for the price (only issue on mine is the clip screws are poorly fitted, micarta scale fit, blade polish, grind, etc. all good).

I think the Spyderco Rescue is your best dedicated knife in this category, though. And for substantially less than your budget.