'Lightning' Jo Carothers and the 'Keystone Cut'

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!

I can't wait to get out to one of these. Nashville is a heck of a lot closer than Dallas.. I can't wait to get this move behind me.

Matt, I greatly prefer the photography here to those grainy pics you take in the bathroom and send to me at 3 in the morning. Keep up the good work!

still rockin that Keffeler, eh Jo?

Yes and no. The way they do the medals is a little confusing. 2-4 get 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The winner gets "overall". So I did get "2nd", but it is more like 2nd runner up. :) I'm working on it though. :D

2nd runner up, still number 1 in our hearts!

When are you gonna sell us spots in your jersey for sponsorship?! Maybe talk Nathan into priority purchasing on sales for sponsor instead of a spot on the jersey?!

Aww, thanks Justin. As far as the medals go, I believe the reasoning is as follows...

Bladesports started out with 2 Men's Divisions, a white level for those new to the sport and then a red level for the more experienced cutters. This obviously gives the newer cutters a better opportunity to go home with a medal. But, they then have the Overall, which is open to Red and White, in case an inexperienced cutter actually does beat the more experienced... I guess keeping it this way in the Women's Competition we hopefully will have more ladies join later and would serve the same purpose. It is confusing, but it makes more sense with the background.

Ah, a sharp and very keen wit. One is either born with it or pretends / works very had to have it which is not the same by any measure! Mr. Gregory seems to be one very gifted and witty creature. Good on him :thumbsup:

That's it, Matt....we bow to The King of Wit.

We are but "pretenders" that "work very had" to emulate your greatness.

What is the knife called that Jo used?! And also, congrats Jo! Looking like you were having a good time out there!

Back