Like a phoenix? CSC is reborn...

I'm looking forward to this one as well. I've never owned an ironwood knife before, but I've spent a lot of time drooling over photos of ironwood that other people have posted.

Got on the list for an Ironwood. Curious if they will have them done by the end of 2018 like it says on the site. Would be a nice bonus.

I have peeked at the CSC page a few times in the past months, but things have all been sold out. I'm taking my first dip with an ironwood boys knife. Very simple but classic look. I think I'll enjoy getting my hands on something other than GEC.

Has anybody used theirs and developed a patina on the shield? I'm curious how that changes the look. I think it would be great.

The first run sold out fairly quickly. I think the questionable production timeframe of said run has the preorder of the 2 new options moving extremely slowly.

Has anybody used theirs and developed a patina on the shield? I'm curious how that changes the look. I think it would be great.

I carried this one in a leather slip every day for almost two years.

CKMCLWS.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Honestly, it would still be in my pocket if I hadn't come to really -- and I do mean really -- like having a sheepsfoot blade as an option. Last January I got my hands on one of the CSC 2015 forum knives, and it displaced the above boy's knife.

UPDATE*UPDATE*UPDATE

Just got an update from Red Hill Cutlery as follows:

Production Update:
Canal Street Stag Boy's Knife

We pre-sold these earlier this year. If you pre-order one we are sorry for the inconvenience and elongated wait. If all goes right, all pre-orders on these should be filled by end of December.
We thank you for your patience.

Now, some WIP from Eric would be icing on the cake! Sounds like they are heading in the right direction anyway.
Larry

Does anyone recall what blade steel was supposed to be on the stag Boy's Knife? The reason I ask is that, having heard nothing from RHC recently, I checked the website to see if there was any update. On the page for the stag knives, the steel is listed as 1095. I am virtually certain it was 154CM, like all of the other first batch knives, when I ordered. Steel is not listed on the receipt and I re-read this whole thread and it's never stated outright here either (although it is kind of implied). I e-mailed them yesterday about this, and to ask for a status update, but they have not yet replied.

My thanks in advance to anyone who might remember!

154CM
Does anyone recall what blade steel was supposed to be on the stag Boy's Knife? The reason I ask is that, having heard nothing from RHC recently, I checked the website to see if there was any update. On the page for the stag knives, the steel is listed as 1095. I am virtually certain it was 154CM, like all of the other first batch knives, when I ordered. Steel is not listed on the receipt and I re-read this whole thread and it's never stated outright here either (although it is kind of implied). I e-mailed them yesterday about this, and to ask for a status update, but they have not yet replied.

My thanks in advance to anyone who might remember!

I originally ordered the rams horn, which was a 154cm I believe(that's what it shows now on their site). Then they said it was oversold, so they offered the stag, which they said was "the same wharncliff blade".

I'll be curious to see what shows up...

I ordered the desert ironwood boys knife and it was 154cm and now says 1095 carbon. It's a big reason why I decided to give these guys a shot despite some initial growing pains. But if they switched the steel after my order I'll be a bit disappointed. In any event they estimated completion by the end of December so we should know any day now? o_O

Last edited:
Well, this a weird development. Originally, all the boy's knives on the site were listed as 154CM. If they truly switched the desert ironwood and stag versions to 1095, that's a big disappointment. I've no desire for carbon knives.

@ea42 is there any chance you can clarify what might be going on with the steel on the upcoming boys knives?

Any rams horn boys knives make it to buyers yet? I've not heard anything from red Hill since purchase.

I follow RHC on FB daily and haven't seen any updates on the CLCs in a while.

Me too. I paid for a 154cm knife, and will accept a refund if the blades are not such.

Later edit: This is with regard to Red Hill Cutlery who is selling CSC-COOP
Pre-ordered last night. At least I thought I did as it was available when I placed the order.
Woke up to find this: "Unfortunately we over sold this item, and it is no longer available in the Ram’s Horn."
....They said "we will have it in Stag with the same wharncliffe blade if interested".
Not being interested in receiving something not even pictured, I told them how disappointed I was and I wanted a refund.
That, they were able to accomplish.
They ended the email notifying me that the refund had been processed, in part with:
"If there is anything in the future we can help you with we will definitely try. I hope you have a wonderful day"
"Try"? How about doing!? And with the exact same amount of genuineness, I hope they have wonderful day, also.
"Thanks and let me know if you need anything else" - like have in stock the items you say you do!?!
Without a doubt, I wish CSC CO-OP every success. And, I applaud their loyalty to Red Hill.
Hope the business practices of Red Hill (caveat emptor) doesn't hurt them.
OG
[NEW RANT]
I wrote the above on Jul 17 which was the first time I heard of them the switch to Stag.
Now, there is another switch with the blade steel from 154CM to 1095 Carbon???
You're killin' me, Smalls. I won't make an accusation of "Bait and Switch" but something sure smells like :poop:
What in the world is going on??
I was frustrated with the slow appearance of the Forum Knife but information was given to the buyers.
No explanations seem to be forthcoming in this situation, just we changed what you ordered - here it is.
I've got news - treating customer's with such disregard is NOT the way to do business.
More than once I considered giving them the benefit of the doubt and placing a pre-order - essentially to support the CSC-COOP in their new venture.
After the new of this latest switch, I'm very glad I didn't pull the trigger and will not make an order in the furture.
Good Luck, you're gonna need it.
OG
[/NEW RANT]

Last edited:
The pinch lockback has been switched to 1095 too. I am really disappointed in this apparent bait & switch move. I have canceled my order.

Back