Like a phoenix? CSC is reborn...

Any updates if anyone has recieved their long awaited CSC?

I really want to see these guys succeed. Wouldn't mind seeing a boys knife in the red flannel micarta, or another new, interesting handle material.

I just reached out to RHC. They said they thought it would be another few weeks for the stag knives. The report was that the 154cm blades are at heat-treat, then grinding, then assembly. RHC is expecting 3 batches soon, and thinks the stag might be the first batch.

So the good news is that it sounds like the whole snafu with the steel is squared away finally, but a little longer to wait unfortunately. I'm okay with that, I already paid for the knife, and I've got plenty of other knives to stuff in my pocket until then.

An update for the other members of the Lost (Stag) Boys (Knives). I e-mailed RHC last week and I got this reply, "Yes, we are hoping to have these in the next few weeks. We will be in touch soon. Again I want to stress how sorry we are about the long wait on these, we are extremely anxious to get these in, and back out to our customers, I believe we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now." So not much seems to have changed since glennbad's post above. Good thing I am not in a hurry for this knife!

That is frustrating. Thank goodness I have "a few" other knives to hold me over until delivery...

that is the same thing they said to me in mid january :rolleyes: "still waiting on the stags"

Hope you guys get your knives someday soon!! I had a similar experience a few years back on a knife I returned for warranty service a few years ago, well before they closed the doors. It took over a year to fix the knife, and that was after a lot of complaining here on BF and many phone calls to them. I talked to Wally a few times. I think it’s a bit extreme to say the man is dishonest, but he certainly rubbed me the wrong way.

After that experience, I vowed to never purchase another Canal Street knife. It’s bad because they did make a really solid knife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you guys get your knives someday soon!! I had a similar experience a few years back on a knife I returned for warranty service a few years ago, well before they closed the doors. It took over a year to fix the knife, and that was after a lot of complaining here on BF and many phone calls to them. I talked to Wally a few times. I think it’s a bit extreme to say the man is dishonest, but he certainly rubbed me the wrong way.

After that experience, I vowed to never purchase another Canal Street knife. It’s bad because they did make a really solid knife. If anyone is tired of waiting, I have some stellar SFO examples of what they can do listed in the exchange right now.

that half moon pie tho!!!

After that experience, I vowed to never purchase another Canal Street knife. It’s bad because they did make a really solid knife. If anyone is tired of waiting, I have some stellar SFO examples of what they can do listed in the exchange right now.

As the above statement by draggat draggat seems to contain a reference to a statement I made (which I had hoped would kinda die an go away on it's own - but since that doesn't seem like it's going to happen), I feel obligated to make one last attempt at clarification of my original statement in order to maintain my integrity.
Please bear in mind that the original statement was made in response to the blade steel/shape fiasco (now resolved). My statement can be found HERE if you feel like looking at it in it's entirety. And please also bear in mind that this is an attempt to clear the air about what I said, not to cast aspersions by bringing back a previous discussion from the grave.
I did not say that any one person was dishonest!
I did say that the business practice of changing the characteristics of a knife after orders had been accepted was a dishonest one.
The statement I made was (underlining added for clarification) as follows:
"Sure, this is an isolated incident involving a manufacturer with apparently dishonest business practices."
The word "dishonest" was used as an adjective to describe business practices, NOT as a descriptor of an individual!
An example of the word in this context can be found in the online version of the Merriam-Webster (so you can look it up, if so inclined) is:
"She gave dishonest answers to our questions." This sentence says that the answers are "dishonest". It does not say that "she" is dishonest.
The same entry contains synonyms for dishonest which are "unworthy of trust or belief."
PLEASE NOTE: again, my statement was in response to the allegation that the CO-OP had thought about changing blade steels and blade shape, AFTER orders had been accepted! In other words, the customer was not going to receive the knife he had ordered!
Here is the quoted post (by another member) to which I was responding when I used the word "dishonest":
"But if I heard the truth, then Josh at Red Hill has been fighting against Wally trying to change blade shapes and steels (according to Josh, Wally wanted to ditch the sheepsfoots too, after orders were placed, and make all clip points, and then have customers send in their knives to have the blades replaced after the fact)..."

In this light, I continue to stand by my original statement and the usage of the word "dishonest".

Without a doubt, Canal Street produced many fine knives in the past, as evidenced by the many pictures in this thread.
The CO-OP knives shown here demonstrate that the CO-OP is carrying on the same tradition.

Again, I sincerely hope that all receive the knives they have ordered.
OG

As the above statement by draggat draggat seems to contain a reference to a statement I made (which I had hoped would kinda die an go away on it's own - but since that doesn't seem like it's going to happen), I feel obligated to make one last attempt at clarification of my original statement in order to maintain my integrity.
Please bear in mind that the original statement was made in response to the blade steel/shape fiasco (now resolved). My statement can be found HERE if you feel like looking at it in it's entirety. And please also bear in mind that this is an attempt to clear the air about what I said, not to cast aspersions by bringing back a previous discussion from the grave.
I did not say that any one person was dishonest!
I did say that the business practice of changing the characteristics of a knife after orders had been accepted was a dishonest one.
The statement I made was (underlining added for clarification) as follows:
"Sure, this is an isolated incident involving a manufacturer with apparently dishonest business practices."
The word "dishonest" was used as an adjective to describe business practices, NOT as a descriptor of an individual!
An example of the word in this context can be found in the online version of the Merriam-Webster (so you can look it up, if so inclined) is:
"She gave dishonest answers to our questions." This sentence says that the answers are "dishonest". It does not say that "she" is dishonest.
The same entry contains synonyms for dishonest which are "unworthy of trust or belief."
PLEASE NOTE: again, my statement was in response to the allegation that the CO-OP had thought about changing blade steels and blade shape, AFTER orders had been accepted! In other words, the customer was not going to receive the knife he had ordered!
Here is the quoted post (by another member) to which I was responding when I used the word "dishonest":
"But if I heard the truth, then Josh at Red Hill has been fighting against Wally trying to change blade shapes and steels (according to Josh, Wally wanted to ditch the sheepsfoots too, after orders were placed, and make all clip points, and then have customers send in their knives to have the blades replaced after the fact)..."

In this light, I continue to stand by my original statement and the usage of the word "dishonest".

Without a doubt, Canal Street produced many fine knives in the past, as evidenced by the many pictures in this thread.
The CO-OP knives shown here demonstrate that the CO-OP is carrying on the same tradition.

Again, I sincerely hope that all receive the knives they have ordered.
OG

I never meant to bring your integrity into question or to offend you in any way. To be brutally honest, I may not have read the entire thread and I may have misinterpreted what you wrote. My bad. I think we can both agree that Wally is not a very good businessman. My personal interaction with him showed me that his customer service skills were pretty much non existent.

The truth is that none of us really know why they shut their doors in the first place nor what is going on with them currently. It’s pure conjecture.

I hope you all get your knives and I honestly do hope that CSC can get their act together because they can make quality knives. Heck, if they’d offered up a Swell Center Jack in one of those nifty handle materials, I probably would have broken my vow to never buy one again.

OLd_gUY OLd_gUY and draggat draggat Both of you make careful and excellent points, neither offensive nor intending it either. I don't think that anybody will disagree that this delivery situation has become shambolic. Whatever the reasons behind it, it is not doing a company's credibility or customer goodwill any good to be taking months to deliver a small quantity of knives that have been paid for and promised earlier.

If I were a customer I would be concerned and I'd be expecting the knives when they arrive to be of unambiguous quality. Time will tell.

Has anyone gotten any knives lately or heard anything new? Last thing I heard from Feb. 9th from Red Hill when I asked about the knives:

"Yes sir, these have been delayed due to manufacturing, but we are expecting these within the next few weeks, we should have a better timeline end of next week, and we hope to let everyone know then,

thanks and sorry for the long delay, but we know these will be worth the wait!

Thanks and let me know if you need anything else. "

I'm just glad I have three CSC Boy's Knives to keep me company during this long wait for a stag one:

fXqrsZD.jpg

This Phoenix rising thing doesn't seem to be going very well for some who spent money for goods yet to be delivered...good luck to all a Y'all, hope you get your knives.
I'm pretty close to just cancelling my order. My pre ordered 97 that I didn't have to give cash upfront for should be ready soon.

This is starting to take on the dimensions of waiting for a Custom Knife....Actually my Kerry Hampton and Hiroaki Ohta knives took less time to make and deliver, no cash up front either until finished

almost mid march now, im like 90% close to just asking for them to refund my stag payment and just ship my cocobolo

Back