lil native, need. what runs have there been?

I love the compression lock (love love) and have a few PM2s and a Shaman. One PM2 is s110v and the Shaman and other PM2 are M4. I luvvvvv the M4.

I prefer to have a steel other than s30v, in spite of it being "good enough." I see there was an awesome exclusive with the 4V version, I cannot justify the eBay prices, though.

There's the Rex 45 versions on eBay as well, and I'm wondering about this steel. I know the M4 I have in the PM2 was spec'd at 63.3 and holds up well. This Rex 45 is very, very hard. I'm worried it might be prone to tip breakage? I want to be able to put the tip in wood and carve a divot without worrying too much about the tip. How is it compared to s110v? I also have a bunch of knives in 390/204p and like it, any versions happened in 390/204p/20cv?

I see there's a sprint coming up with cf scales and s90v, which I'm down with. But I don't know when that's dropping and my ability to snatch one in like 5 minutes is not guaranteed.

Has one been made in Cru wear? I'm really itching for one and don't even really know what runs they've done with the lil native. But that knife is calling my name loudly. Halp.

There's been one exclusive (ST Nick's 4V) and one sprint(Rex 45 Burnt Orange G10) released so far. The second sprint (Carbon S90V ) is due out from last reveal and should be available in the next month! I'm assuming we'll see 20CV /Cruwear (DLT) , M390 /K390 BBS, And 204P (Knifeworks )in the future. I love the Lil' Native Comp lock

i want a St Nick's so bad but I wasn't looking when it happened.

i want a St Nick's so bad but I wasn't looking when it happened.

Same for me.

Im size restricted with knives at work. Generally I dont go above the Lil Native in size while there. Outside of work, I prefer bigger knives.

I really put a knife through a lot at work and most weeks I sharpen a few times per week.

With a REX-45 Lil Native, I've drilled holes into 5 gallon buckets filled with cement that hold signs upright, in order to allow rain water to drain out before it gets nasty. I put multiple holes in the buckets at the cement line so all the water gets out... this involved drilling into the cement which caused bunting at the tip. It was a need based scenario and I wouldn't recommend hard drilling with REX-45.

While cutting massive sheets of cardboard that were physically larger than the recycling dumpster, on multiple occasions the knife apex or tip impacted cement or blacktop, or otherwise the belly got dragged hard over cement while cutting a sheet that I thought was elevated enough. Each time, it only caused bunting.

Over the course of the summer, 6 or 7 waist high thistles grew up out of nowhere through our landscaping rocks. They had massive thorns and were an obvious liability issue. This is a retail store, not a place with the simple tools necessary to deal with this. The stems were an inch thick and like wood. With trying and failing to cut them at the base, and continuously impacting rocks, I stabbed the center and twisted repeatedly in order to break through. The rocks caused dings and blunting on the apex... Again, not recommend.

REX-45 takes an extremely fine edge, holds it extremely well, and does not require diamonds to sharpen. It's tough but can be broken or significantly damaged. For the things described above, great care is necessary because it's only survivable up to a certain point. It's not my first choice of steel for the above scenarios, but it was the tool that was available.

I'm certainly going to put my new K390 Dragonfly through it's paces which definitely is a steel that we need on the Lil Native, along with more 4V, CruWear, and M4.

Thank you SubMicron, that's as helpful as a post can get!

I might cave and get a Rex 45. Or I might wait and try to get the S90/CF. I don't know. Price wise it's a wash. Mostly about managing my impulses at this point.

Thank you SubMicron, that's as helpful as a post can get!

I might cave and get a Rex 45. Or I might wait and try to get the S90/CF. I don't know. Price wise it's a wash. Mostly about managing my impulses at this point.
Good luck...
I might need to go into rehab for knife buying.

Back